Sunday, January 30, 2011

Feeling the LOVE

I have been so excited about decorating for Valentines this year. I think I felt jipped from last year... I was recovering from surgery and wasn't feeling festive. I am making up for it this year... can I just say, I am FEELING the LOVE over here! 
I found some cute stuff over at my favorite place... Hobby Lobby... and got the cute stuff before they sold out! I think Valentines Day kinda sneaks up on you and by the time you think about decorating for it... only the un-cute stuff is left to buy. or "crafting ingredients" you need for a cute little project is not in stock, so I jumped the gun and my home has been looking very " lovey" for a couple weeks now and it is so fun! 
Here is the LOWDOWN on crafts, projects & decor in collage #1... up there 

My friend Lisa made me the super cute wood block picture holder with her signature fabric rosettes for Christmas! I simply adore it. I couldn't wait to have it hold something "valentinesy" so I whipped up the I HEART U card... My Cricut comes in very handy for these fun projects :)

The XOXO is chipboard letters that I painted RED and then added a heavy dusting of my Favorite Red Martha Stewart Glitter! I WANT EVERY COLOR in that fancy glitter :) I seriously did this project in less than 15 minutes! they are so sparkly and i LOVE them :)

Hobby Lobby had some cute heart picks I added to my greenery :) easy and cheap

When I saw that Red Feathered Heart at HL.... I had to have it.... lucky for me I ALWAYS have a few 40% of coupons handy in my pocket to use in case of crafting emergencies :) So this little cutie came home with me. I was trying to find the perfect place for it to go and I found it.... I have a tin on that easel i display on my kitchen counter. I wrapped it in my must have black & white polka dot wrapping paper... sold at HL during the christmas season.... did you get your roll or 2??? anyhow. I think it looks really "lovey" so it is perfect :)

 Thank you Target Dollar spot for the CA-UTE  Valentines blocks for only  $2.50... that's a bargain :) and to my pal Leah for letting me in on the deal :) Yes... I got the LAST ONE too phew!

I Love filling my apothecary jars with pretty things... I am talking RED & Sparkly for LOVE DAY!
I even put some silk roses in a couple. might look cheap to some.... but I like cheap :)

I bought the Curvy LOVE sign last year at christmas time and was happily surprised when I remembered about it this year... That heart wreath was a lucky find at Hobby Lobby... you know before they sell all the good stuff... I also was able to use an EMERGENCY ONLY ;) 40% off coupon for this little edition.

I even spread the LOVE to my hall bathroom.... I know what you are thinking...girl give it up already :)
I was on a roll and couldn't help my self :)

 Feeling the Love in the Front room too!!!! Lots of HEARTS and Glittery Goodness going on :)

 I think my FAVORITE "lovey" decor is the new banner I made!!! Isn't she so cute???
 ~ BE MINE ~
I got together with my good friend Lisa and we made these cuties together!!! Guess where we got the goods??? HL you are correct :)

 Teamwork is what you need to make a cute banner like this :) I was in charge of the Cricut cutting the pennants and Lisa painted and glittered the lettering.  We had a fun afternoon together! I love crafting, but crafting with friends makes it so much more enjoyable :) Thanks Lisa... til the next project :)

 Stepping back and Feeling the LOVE!!!! 


This part of the post isn't "valentinesy", but another project I have recently tackled was organizing my desk and crafting corner. I had let the little corner next to my desk become a catch all for crafting supplies and miscellaneous junk. I was needing to get it under control and make some new homes for my stuff. I was on the hunt for a bookshelf that would fit in my little corner and for baskets that would do the job and be pleasing to my eye... after much searching... I found what I was looking for. I should have taken a before picture, since most of you won't believe it was a mess.... but it was! SERENITY NOW!!! 

I am so glad that organization project is FINALLY behind me and I love the results :) I feel more at peace in my little corner. oh and I love having our family Splash Mtn. pic on display for a good laugh and smile when I look at it :) isn't that a super cute frame too??? :)

Oh and I changed out my collage frame with updated pics of my family! it is a YEARLY chore, but one I look forward to!

So are you Feeling the LOVE yet? I sure hope so! You still have time to make something adorable and "lovey" too!... get creative ~ You can do it :)

6 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

Soooooo cute!! Love it all. I made a couple v day crafts. But I need to work on my be mine blocks. Love all the glitter:)

Leah said...

Ahh...amore! I feel love the love! So many cute things...next time I want to come and make a banner with you!!

Ella A. said...

I love the sparkly l-o-v-e letters! So cute! i need to decorate for vday! and holy cow how did little kaitlyn get so tall? seriously? she is not allowed to grow up so fast!

Pini said...

Loved getting caught up on your blog! Loved all your posts! What a beautiful family you have...and yes, we should get our little boys together! :) Happy 2011!

Mrs.EBG said...

You are so dang talented, Loree! LOVE all the LOVE you've got on display! So blingy, I LOVE it! :)

Jenny Knudsen said...

I just found your blog and I am in LOVE with your Lovey Dovey stuff! I am always amazed by peoples craftyness :)