Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Kaitlyn's Solo Cello Performance

Feb 15, 2011 was a pretty special day for our Kaitlyn.
She got to play a Solo piece and a Duet # with her good friend Stella at the 4th grade orchestra concert at school. She was very exctied to perform as the BEST Cellist at her school I might add ;) it's true ;) just ask her orchestra teacher!
She is waiting anxiously for her big moment to shine :)

Play me something beautiful girl ;)

Her Solo Piece is titled... Two Grenadiers by R. Schumann
She is accompanied by Mr. Kolden, music teacher




The second musical # is a duet with Kaitlyn & Stella. It was a last minute addition to the program so I can't remember the name of the song but it was lovely. I am so impressed with the talent of these young ladies.
Kaitlyn's Orchestra teacher announced to the audience that Kaitlyn has only been playing for a couple years and has had private lessons. She told all the 4th graders if they work hard like Kaitlyn does, that they can be as good as she has become. It was a nice compliment which left my sweet daughter beaming.



Bravo!!! Bravo!!!
So So so BEAUTIFUL! I am so proud to be your mother Kaitlyn! Keep up the excellent work.
Stella, you are GREAT too girl! ;)

1 comment:

Granny Z. said...

Awesome - she did wonderful. I can't believe how good she is getting, I can't wait to hear her in person!