Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Carly's AZ Ancient Indian Dwelling Project

That's right folks, it is time for the 4th grade parent project of the year... ooops, did I say that out loud?? 
I meant to say, it is the parent/student project of the year and Carly & I rocked this indian dwelling.

Carly chose to make a Mogollon Cliff Dwelling. We whipped this project together and we are both very proud of the outcome! Wouldn't you agree??? 


One neat fact Carly used in her report is, that her Great Grandpa Gordon was an archeologist and spent his life studying and researching the Ancient Native Americans. He even worked at Montezuma's castle up near Flagstaff, AZ for a time.

After learning more about these brave builders, we decided we should take a day trip and check out some real Mogollon Cliff Dwellings in person. We are planning a trip up north soon!


Carly thanks for being such a hard worker and great student! I love you girl! It was fun working with you! Your ladders are AMAZING girl! ;)

 Hey, and we just found out we got an A+ on this project too! oh yeah! Hi-five ;)

4 comments:

melissa said...

Way to rock that project, girls! You did a great job and deserve that A+. I had to do something similar in fourth grade, but it was about the Spanish missions in California. By the way, your hair is super cute in that pic, Loree.

Sarah S. said...

Cute project and cute girls! We are wanting to do a day trip to Montezuma's Castle. We should coordinate.

Alyssa and Nate said...

i hope to take a trip up to canyon de chelly one of these years. i think the grand canyon is still at the top of our list though. it will have to wait a while. i hate it when you live somewhere and then you move and wish you'd gone to the places you always talked about going to. that's real life i guess. the project looks great btw.

The McNeil Family said...

Great job girls!! I think the dwelling rocks!