"A good friend is hard to find, hard to lose and impossible to forget"
One month ago I said "See you Soon" to my good friends - Lisa & Doug Tueller. Their family began a new chapter in their life in Utah. It was devastating news when Lisa came to my home back in April and broke the news to me that their family was moving to Utah in June. We just cried together. She and I have become such good friends. We craft together, talk together, laugh together, help each other, and we just get along so dang good! I have even taught all her kids in primary and I was her oldest daughter's camp leader! I love those Tueller kiddos too! I feel like Lisa has become like a sister to me. I sure love her like crazy.
Why Utah??? Doug got a new job that will help him in his career and I really do believe that is where the Lord wants them to be at this time. I don't like it one bit, but I am learning to accept this & trust that the Lord knows what he is doing. :) I have tried to be as supportive as I can. This move has been so hard on all their family as well, since they were happy here in AZ. They lived here for the past 12 years and life was pretty good. Change is hard and sometimes needed. I guess this is one of those situations.
Well, I couldn't let these good people leave with out a proper farewell party... Believe it or not, I am not the only one who thinks these folks are pretty darn special. :) I hosted the going away party at my home just a few days before dooms day :( But I wasn't calling it a good by party... but a "SEE YOU SOON" Party. No Goodbye allowed... only a hopeful, we will miss you and we WILL See You Again kinda party :)
I couldn't resist and make some cute party decor for the get together. :)
That banner says it all... WE LOVE YOU DOUG & LISA!!!
Even the banister got a little love!
See... no good bye ~ but SEE YOU SOON Doug & Lisa!
We had a smorgasbord of yummy treats to enjoy! Thanks friends for your help! :)
We invited about 100 guests and more than half came to mourn... i mean wish them the best on their new adventure!
Living & serving in one place for over a decade means you get to make so many good friends.
It was planned as a casual come and go party, but ended up as a COME AND STAY... it was AWESOME!!! I was surprised how many people we could pack in our house. I had to crank the AC down to the 60's :) I know there were so many more people who wanted to come and say "SEE YOU SOON" Doug & Lisa but were unable to make it. I hope you are feeling the love my dear friend! :)
"True Friends are never apart, maybe in distant, but not in Heart."
Lisa Tueller ~ We love you friend, we miss you and wish you all the very best! Know that our thoughts and prayers will be with you as you embark on this journey. As difficult as it seems... before you know it, Utah will feel like HOME SWEET HOME and we will always be forever friends...
The words to that fun girls camp song you always sing on the last day of camp rings out loud and clear to me... words I know to be true!
Friends we are,
and friends we we'll ever be.
Where ever we go,
Where ever we may be.
FOREVER friend we'll always be,
Through Eternity!
now hummmmm :) hee hee! (we always hummed the song after we sang it)
Lisa, thank you for your friendship to me all these years! I promise to call, write and text!
My door is always welcome for your visit any time. Please come down to defrost and I will come to see the change of seasons, hey maybe some snow and definitely cool off from the summer heat! I can't wait to plan a trip up to Utah to shop til we drop my friend! I love you girl!
Love, Loree









5 comments:
Ok - Love Lisa with dark hair!! I usually get an update from someone about all you great folk over in Parkwood, but noone mentioned this one. I hope they love it there!! Nice post and it looks like it was a great turnout. I have been to some parties with the Tuellers and they are a hoot!!
Tracy Wright
Sorry - I guess my computer is logged in under Madison!!
Loree, how can we ever re-pay you for how much you helped us in our time of transition. Thanks for everything you did to help. Your friendship is such a blessing to us that we will alway cherish. The party was a lot of fun. The best thing about the ward and stake is how well everyone gets along. I firmly believe we will never run into that again. So many good people whom we will miss!
Love, Doug and Lisa
awwwww i just went through that. i totally know hoe you feel:(
Dear Loree,
What a wonderful party you gave for Lisa and Doug. I love all of your decorations. You are so clever.
We have had a number of our good friends move to Utah.... and 3 of our 4 children. What's the deal??? I think we should start an anti-Utah campaign. lol
My surgery was last week. I am still pretty miserable but getting better each day. I am so thankful that it turned out not to be cancer. I am blessed.
Have a great week. Hugs, Aunt Lura
Post a Comment