Today was a memorable day for our family! Our lovely Kaitlyn played a special musical # in Sacrament Meeting on her cello. It was so beautiful. I am so proud of her and the hard work and dedication she gives to develop her talent.
Kaitlyn is lucky enough to have the best Cello Teacher EVER!!! Christy Mann...We love YOU! She is a friend of mine who was blessed with AMAZING talent. I asked her this summer if she would be interested in teaching Kaitlyn and she agreed. She is WONDERFUL, SWEET, KIND and she LOVES my Kaitlyn! What a perfect combo :)
Together...and with the great help of Christy's Sister Mandy...THANKS!...They arranged this Hymn Medley...combined 3 hymns into one beautiful #. It was amazing to see it all come together. Kaitlyn practiced and practiced & practiced. It was Kaitlyn's idea to play a hymn at church. I'd say she is one courageous gal and one that I admire. She was nervous but she played beautifully! It brought tears to my eyes as I could feel her sweet spirit as she played these songs testifying of Jesus Christ who is our Savior & Redeemer. The 3 songs she played were A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, I Feel My Savior's Love and I Know That My Redeemer Lives ( click on the hymns to see the words and listen to them if you like). She ended the medley with more of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. We all were touched and you could feel the spirit so strong as she played her testimony of our Savior.
Here is a rehearsal from this morning...
Here is a rehearsal from this morning...
******REMEMBER TO SCROLL DOWN & PAUSE MY MUSIC PLAYER ***************
Can you believe she has only been playing her cello for 1 1/2 years? WoW!!! I KNOW!!! Kaitlyn, Keep up the good work!
It was a special day for us all. My Parents & my Sister's family were all there to support her. We all love Kaitlyn and are so proud of what a lovely young lady she is growing up to be. She has a sensitive heart like her mom and gets teary when she feels the spirit. I sure Love you Kaitlyn! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!
13 comments:
Kaitlyn did sooo good. The spirit was so strong. I love the sound of the cello it's not scratchy or too high pitched. I think she definetly has a natural talent for it.
Wow! Great job Kaitlyn! I can see why you are proud Loree. She is so young to be playing as well as she is...awesome! Good for you for getting her involved with music, it's so important! And it just so happens the Cello is one of my fav's! What a little talent!
Wow! Amazing job Kaitlyn! Wish we could have been there to see her play at church. She's so brave.
(I can't believe how long her hair is getting).
WOW WOW WOW! she is so awesome!!
Kaitlyn is so talented! it was so fun seeing her in church! what a Great daughter you have!
Way to Kaitlyn! So awesome! My sister, Emily, has played the cello since she was about Kaitlyn's age and she still loves it. She teaches friend's kids now. But, anyway, that was so moving and beautiful. I'm glad you were able to get her rehearsal on video for those of us that couldn't be there.
I meant "way to go". Whoops.
That was so pretty. Great job Kaitlyn!
It's hard to believe that she has only been playing for a year and a half. She did an excellent job and you should all be really proud of her.
GOod job Kaitlyn! I LOVE the cello. You are talented- keep up the good work!
She did such a good job and is definitely talented with the Cello. I would not have the courage to do that at my age, let alone at her age. The spirit was strong during her special musical #.
very sweet - loved the music and the hymn : ) your daughter is very talented! I know how exciting it is to have your kids play in sacrament meeting. thanks for linking to my blog.
Hugs,
Toni
I'm so happy you put this on your blog. I had to take Faith out and I missed it. I was so upset. She did amazing!!
Post a Comment