It's true! We LOVE Christmas! Who doesn't? Blake is especially a HUGE FAN!!! Back in December, Blake had a "Polar Express" day at pre-school, where they watched some of the movie and got their own ticket to the Polar Express. Blake was instantly in LOVE with the whole Polar Express thing...trains, bells, trains, Santa, trains & the movie. He can't get enough of the movie and begs and pleads to watch it everyday. No harm eh?

It's March now & we still have his "PICKET" as he calls it. He adores it and HAS to have it when he watches the movie. It has been loved and played with so much. I am surprised is it still in one piece. The Spirit of Christmas is loved EVERYDAY Here! Seriously!!! I find myself singing, humming and whistling all the songs from the Polar Express everyday and Blake wants a cup of hot chocolate daily when the kids on the polar express do. it is NUTS!!!

So Santa knew just what to get Blake for Christmas...His own wooden Thomas the Train set. He plays with it EVERYDAY since Christmas Morning. No JOKE!!! He loves it like crazy and he re-enacts scenes from Polar Express with it too. It is really cute!

Oh, but we don't just have one train. We have a few. This train set has been around since Carly was a baby and it is still in awesome condition. It is well loved by Blakey Boy!
So I took some video of Blake talking to him about his favorite toy and movie. He is a hoot and you can see his attention span is very very short.
It is a LONG video but it is fun to watch. you have to at least watch the first 3 minutes of it so you can hear him say Polar Express....he pronounces is as Da Pola DePressss. It is too cute! His enthusiasm about trains is contagious!
Here is a second video I took when I finally found the movie and started playing it. He cracks me up.

Blake watching his favorite movie as of now... The Polar Express. He loves "All Aboard" and gets so excited to see him get on the train, stop the train and everything train, train, train!
Here is a video Leonard took of Blake Singing the Polar Express song. He knows all of them but is too shy to sing them for me on camera. I am lucky Leonard got this. check it out.

You have to be careful where you step at our house, Blake has trains on the floor, counters, tables. He has the biggest imagination and it is fun to watch him play!

This Train set has been the biggest hit. He sets up the track in many different ways and has added our jenga game blocks to his set and he is in HEAVEN!!!
Speaking of HEAVEN....
Back in February while I was recovering from surgery Leonard took the kids to the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park in Scottsdale. I have heard good things about it and with Blake's TRAIN OBSESSION...it would be a perfect place to spend an afternoon together.
They just arrived and Blake is loving it already! Check it out!
Blake was running full steam ahead this day. so cute! I wish i was there! At least I have video!
They just arrived and Blake is loving it already! Check it out!
Blake was running full steam ahead this day. so cute! I wish i was there! At least I have video!

As they were exploring the train, the conductor was giving the kids a history lesson. The Chair Carly is sitting in is the same one Pres. Roosevelt sat in. She was amazed!
Oh yeah! Everyone LOVED the carousel! All smiles!

Blake was waiting impatiently for his turn to ride on a REAL Train at the park! Hurry, hurry, hurry train!

Blake was THRILLED! Steam, Whistles & bells oh my! it is a pretty cool train. I wish I could have come along. Next time :)
Love this video! Oh Blakey Boy! We love you!

What a fun afternoon at the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park. My kids have the best dad ever! Thanks Lenny for taking such great care of our family! I love you like CRAZY!!!
Now may we Have Hot Choclate Everyday and we will BELIEVE!!!


6 comments:
ahh yes...Blake and Trains. Very cool...I can look past him playing with the occasional barbi doll and hair clip from his sisters if the majority of his time is manly :)Still kills me that he didn't even touch that ice cream at the park and only wanted to play with the trains...getting him out of there was not a fun experience :)
Great post babe!
So cute! Ah, I miss Blakey boy! They have train here that circles Provo Canyon called the Heber Creeper. Sometimes they make the train all up like Thomas and do a Thomas ride for kids (and their parents). And, starting this past December, they do a Polar Express at Christmastime. It looked SO cool, but too expensive for us this year. Maybe next. You'll have to check out the Heber Creeper next time you make it to Utah.
He was so cute singing the polar express song when I watched him. "When Chwistmas comes to town" over and over. I loved it. Barnes and Nobles has a train table set up all the time for the kids to play with and you can also buy Thomas stuff there. It's in the childrens books. My kids still like to play with it. But you have to SHARE with other kids. BOOO!
Good to talk to you last night. You are such a fun friend.
that is freakin hillarious! WE are in love with Christmas too. We are still singing jingle bells befor bed and santa clause is coming to town.....in like a year!!! But hey, we will keep the spirit alive, no doubt:)
I remember when brayden loved trains.. We still have both of his train sets waiting for Brody to love them too. Blake is so stinkin cute. He was at Amys playing with my kids the other day, he is such a nice kid. Thanks for coming over the other night, I hope you had fun, I sure did.
Your kids are very very cute Loree!
Post a Comment