We celebrated the Fourth a little early this year on Saturday, July 3rd. We spent the day keeping cool at the pool and then got ALL AMERICAN & went to cheer on our home team... the Diamondbacks... play some good ol' Baseball.
The kids were very excited to go to a real professional game. It was pretty cool! It was their first game :)
They packed in 44 thousand fans in the Chase Ball Park tonight! It was crazy!
It was Diamondbacks vs. LA Dodgers. It was a pretty sad game though... we were getting skunked! :(
We put on a happy face though and were enjoying the experience.
My folks and sisters came too with their families. We love great company! :) My mom was very prepared and brought a giant bag of peanuts to eat. Thanks mom! :)
See, I told you we were getting SKUNKED!!! Until the last inning, we finally got a Home Run! We were cheering and hollering! We hope they can pull it together next game. 14 to 1 is NOT acceptable :)
Blake's favorite part of the night was the game was FINALLY OVER and the fireworks show was to begin. I think the fireworks show was the ONLY thing that kept 44 thousand fans sitting in their seats til the end. Blake was enthralled with the retractable roof. You could see the wheels spinning in his head as he was figuring out how the roof opened up.
Smiling from ear to ear!!! Blake is LOVING the fireworks show. We didn't have the best view of the show because of our nosebleed seats. but it was still enjoyable. It was worth every minute seeing the joy in Blakey Boy's face!
I love my family!
Celeste, Matt & Van left before we got a group shot...their loss :)
We missed both my brothers tonight. Mike is on his mission. And Jake & his family in utah! We were thinking of you both!
We look forward to attending another game some time. We know where the best seats are to view the fireworks show and I promise to be prepared with lots of drinks and goodies next time.
Oh, and I can't forget to give a huge shout out to my Awesome, Talented Sister Ann... who made all us girls these super cute pinwheel broaches for us to wear at the game.
Isn't she amazing!!! I KNOW!! We felt so festive!
I Love the USA! I am so grateful to all the men and women who have sacrificed so much to give us the freedom we get to enjoy here in America! Thank You and I hope you all had a fabulous fourth!











1 comment:
Happy 4th Zito Fam!!
Post a Comment