Sunday, August 22, 2010

Still swimming???!!!

HOLY MOLY! I am Majorly behind in blogging again! I have many excuses for my hiatus from blogging. Want to hear some of my excuses??? 

ok, excuse #1... it's too hot!

#2... I don't want to today

#3... my brain hurts

#4... these people i live with want to be fed & clothed

#5... I am on vacation

#6... I am swimming

#7... I am checking out your blog/ facebook instead

#8... It takes too long....dang detail oriented mind of mine

#9... Blog??? what blog?

#10... I want to be on vacation again

#11... What else can I do instead?

#12... aren't these excuses lame or what???  but they are true~!

 The more behind I get the LESS I want to blog, but the MORE behind i get,  it eats at me to record events and life in my "online journal". That one day, maybe one day I might actually print out into a book that can be enjoyed for years and years. So here I am trying again to make this my blogging come back. Like anyone cares right. or do they???

Are blogs going out of fashion?? or is almost everyone using my excuses too??? so come on family and friends who blog or use to! Lets get back on that blogging horse that has bucked us off several times and let us blog life as we know it and have a sweet family history record with pictures :)!!!


So do you remember that my girls were on the swim team this summer?? Is it ringing a bell?

Back on July 1st, they had the Breaststroke meet and Leonard drew on their backs to scare all the kids they would be swimming against. pretty sweet hu?

Our tough girls ready to bring mama home some ribbons :) 

Carly did awesome and brought home a 2nd place in her individual race.

Gearing up for the relay match! 1st Place!!! Go Carly Go! you ROCK!

By the time Kaitlyn races, it is too dark for good pics. So I snuck a few during her warm up session!

She is an awesome swimmer! 

Sweet Job Kaitlyn! She brought home a 2nd place victory too!

And 1st place in her Relay race! I am so proud of my hard working girlies! Look! even matching ribbons! Wahoo!


July 6th, 2010 I.M. Relay Meet
Individual Medley Meet was a challenge for the girls and so fun to watch. At this meet, the swimmers swim all 4 stokes in one race. Butterfly, Backstroke, Breast Stroke & Freestlye.  It is one of the toughest because, it takes a lot of strength to do all 4 in one race. 

Kaitlyn swam a 200 meter IM & Carly swam a 100 meter! They were fabulous!


These girls make their mama proud....oh and their dad proud too of course.
The next meet on the calendar was the Divisional meet.  This meet weeds out the swimmers to the semi - finals and the championship meet. We expected the girls to do great. 

Then Disaster struck.....

We were swimming at my mom's pool and Kaitlyn had an accident involving her knee and her eye brow. They collided together and split her eyelid open.  It was then, off to the hospital for 4 stitches to put her back together again.

Unfortunately,  this accident meant no more swimming for Kaitlyn for the last 3 meets. She was bummed and we all were sad for her. Carly could have went on to divisionals, but she was more than happy to accept $20 bribe we offered not to sweat it out in the awful heat for hours and hours and for her getting to sleep in and relax for the last couple weeks of summer break. It was a win win! ;)  I know it is kinda shameful.... I am not the best parent that ever lived but in the end, everyone was happy....well kinda?! :) Kaitlyn did enjoy the sleeping in  and relaxing too :) 

Her stitches came out a week later and her scar is very minimal! and great place for a scar on your face if you had to pick one. You really can't even see it! The Dr. who stitched her up did an awesome job! Hooray to Phoenix Children's Hospital Urgent care! We know where to go if there is a next time :)



So the Swim Team Session of the Summer of 2010 is over and our swimmers did GRRRREAT! 
We look forward to next summer as we will get to enjoy Skyline High's Pool just around the corner! Hooray!!!!


Here are all the ribbons my little ladies earned this summer! Way to go!!!

Ps. we have lots of great video of the girls in action at their meets... i hope to get Leonard to compile them all in to one sweet swimming video. keep posted :)

6 comments:

April said...

Love the signs on the girls' backs! You're so creative. Bummer about Kaitlyn's eye. Great swimming girls!

Rachel said...

i totally know how u feel about the blogging thing! I feel like i get on a roll sometimes and other days im sooooo checked out...and it seems to stick with me for a while. good to c u guys have had an eventful summer:)

Sarah S. said...

Leonard is a good artist. He should go in the business. Too cute. Your girls are so cute Loree. It was fun playing (decorating) today.

TL said...

your girls are so cute! Congrats to them on all their ribbons!

Leonard said...

Great Post Loree...Guess I will get back to blogging as well...although, that is just one more place you will have to see my outdoor pictures and listen to my rantings :) Glad to see you are back on the blog wagon!

Pini said...

Yea for swimmers!