Monday, June 13, 2011

SCHOOL RULES!!! End of the year festivities

The end of the school year is always packed with projects and field trips!

 This is one of Kaitlyn's projects... it is called a Polyhedraville Project... They had to create a town making polyhedrons... it's a math thing :) I was impressed! It wasn't all Kaitlyn, she had a partner that she got to work on it with! I think they definately did a great job... Very creative :)
I especailly like that played with the word "POLY" and included polly pockets in their design! I think that game them extra points :)
 
 Hooray to the end of 6th grade school projects :)


I thought that the field trip to Yogurt Kingdom and Barro's Pizza was Blake's final field trip in pre-school and I thought wrong... Miss Katie put together one last Hurrah for all her kids.
 ~ Superstition Farm ~
 Blake had a blast on this day!
 The kids got to groom other kids ;) hee hee...get it??? KIDS??? anyhow! hooray to a great last field trip! A special thanks to my friend Leah who snapped these pics of Blake for me :)


 The 6th graders had their final last Hurrah fieldtrip to CAMP SKY - Y in Prescott, AZ... Leonard was able to chaperone and they had a great time together! The weather was AWESOME!!!

 It was an YMCA Adventure camp... rock climbing, zip lining, obstacle courses!!! Pretty fun stuff :)
 There is Kaitlyn being a very brave soul! You go girl :)

 Kaitlyn's 6th Grade Class

 Everyone loved meal times, MRS. SMITH a.k. the best 6th grade teacher EVER!!!, making smores and taking one last parting shot of all the 6th graders at Patterson Elementary school!


 It's now time for Blake's Preschool Graduation!
 I am finding that as outgoing our Blakey boy is, he likes to chose for himself when and where he will choose to be outgoing and shy. The kids were so cute and we got some good video of Blake and his little Attitude too! I want to get this blog up to date so that is gonna have to wait :) BUT Blake did great a did feel brave enough to recite the poem he memorized with all us folks... JACK & JILL!
 I cna't beilieve my baby boy is growing up so fast :) thanks to Miss Katie for being such a GREAT Pre-school teacher! Blake learned so much from you and we love you! He is counting down to go to kindergarten! 


Who is this gorgeous girl??? Our Kaitlyn looking too grown up for her 6th grade promotion night. She sweet talked her Aunt Celeste to come do her hair for this exciting milestone!
 Our little girl is blossoming into a beautiful young woman. She is so excited for this graduation night and getting ready to head to the world of Junior High in just a couple months!  You look absolutely gorgeous Kaitlyn! We are so proud of the young woman that you are and have become!
 This night was big stuff... They got to have the ceremony at Skyline High School! The entire 6th grade sang a couple songs about choosing what you want in the future and they can do anything they put their minds too! I completely agree! With hard work and determination, dedication and more hard work you can be all you can be and more :)
 Not to brag, but Kaitlyn was awarded a few awards... an outstanding orchestra award, outstanding academics award and and outstanding positive attitude award. She is such a good example to me and I hope others as well! wooo hooo Kaitlyn!

 After a 2 hour ceremony we are home and shouting for joy! Kaitlyn did it and is FREE from ELELMENTARY SCHOOL! Here is to a great summer :)
 A close up of her awards :) 


Carly did AWESOME this year in 4th grade as well. Her final project of the year was a Desert Animal report. She chose the Cotton Tail Rabbit and she did GREAT! We are so proud of her! I failed to get a pic with her and her report :) oops! She got good grades and learned and grew so much this year! We are very proud parents :) She is thrilled to be going in 5th grade next year :) 

The one thing we can both agree on is that we are so glad to have a good 2 month break from SIGNING THE ASSIGNMENT CALENDAR!!! So CHEERS to that! And cheers to a great school year! Here is to a great summer break! Lots of exciting changes coming our way :) The Girls will be on the Summer Swim team again... oh yeah to many many swim meets to come! 

Next post.... The AWESOME adventures of GIRLS CAMP 2011... It's a QUEST FOR THE BEST :)

3 comments:

Sarah S. said...

I am cracking up over the assignment calendar. I dito your thoughts and feelings on that one. :)

Grammy Staffy said...

Congrats to Kaitlyn. What a great ending to 6th grade. She looks so grown up. That picture of her up on that high wire looks too scary to me. She really is a brave girl.

Now that it is summer don't you guys want to make a vacation trip to Staffy's spa in So.Cal? The pool is waiting for company and the firepit is ready to make s'mores.

Have a great week. Hugs, Aunt Lura

Rachel said...

so fun. I cant believe how grown up ur kiddo's are. They are darling.