Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rio Salado Triathlon... Relay Style :) PLUS Fathers & Sons Campout & Mothers Day! What a Weekend!

I have so much to BLOG about, it is Crazy!!! I will go WAY BACK to Mother's Day Weekend which was filled to the brim of FUN and Good times! 
My Friend Denise, who I swim with - invited me to race on her relay team for the RIO SALADO Sprint Triathlon. She needed a biker and I was ready and willing :) Truthfully, I had not been on my bike much due to all the swimming I was doing but a good 13 mile bike sprint does the body good! So I agreed and I had about a week to get a few training miles under my belt :) 
 I met our other team mate, Cathy the morning of the race. She is a FAST runner! We were gonna rock this race!
 Getting all ready in the transition area.... It was 1 year ago since I did my last Triathlon... She Rox!!! it was also held at Tempe Town Lake! So I was pretty familiar with the route.

 Denise took on the swimming challenge in that GORGEOUS man made lake :) I would have loved to join her... seriously :)
 It was fun to cheer her on! GO DENISE GO!!!! She booked it to the transition area and slapped on my ankle timing chip and I was off...
 WOOO HOOOO! It felt so good to race again! I really missed it!

 I loved this ride... I gave it all I had knowing I did not have to run the 3 miles to finish! It was AWESOME!!! I think I really like Relays :)

 hurrying to the transition area to swap out the # and timing chip to Cathy!!!

 We were making some pretty good time :)

 GO CATHY GO!!!! Run like the wind :)

 Time for a HI-FIVE!!!!

 Oh Yeah!!!! :)

 Cathy was AWESOME! She made this Team very happy indeed :)

 Post race primp before for the Team Picture ;)
 Ahh, There we go :) Cathy, Denise & Loree! 
WE ROCKED this Tri and it was a BLAST!!! I can't wait to do it again :) Thanks for the invite Denise! I think you ROCK!!!

 I didn't get to stick around for the Awards Ceremony but was thrilled to find out our team came in 3rd place out of 8 relay teams! Not too Shabby for a last minute race! I think I like this spontaneous racing! Not much time to fret and worry :) It was GREAT!!! :)

 Me and my baby! I LOVE my Roubix... She didn't let me down this time :)

I LOVE my Race Tee and my nifty hat! Not to mention My AWESOME Trophy/Vase!!! I am one proud Lady!!!! :)
While I was off at the Races... Leonard & Blake were off on their first Father's & Son's Campout!
 Blake was beyond thrilled to go " BOYS CAMPING" at first he was very concerned that Me or the girls would not be joining him on this adventure! Silly Boy!!!

 all packed up and ready to go! Blake is the Navigator today :)
 Leonard took lots of video and all of them were so cute! But I am in a hurry to post so I'll persude him to update his blog with the videos and I'll let you know when he does... They got to camp, set up their tent and when it got dark, Blake never let go of his flashlight! He had the best time playing in the dirt too! The Joys of being a boy and getting down and dirty :)

 GOOD MORNING!!! They enjoyed a hearty breakfast and Blake was glued to the fit pit!!!! Every boy's dream lighting stuff on fire :)
 Not only did they play hard, They made rockets and launched them, played with Marshmellow guns and all the boys got together to make all the mom's and ladies in the ward flower pins and hair clips for mothers day! I was quite impressed!  

 I would have to say the First "boys camping" trip was a HUGE SUCCESS! Blake loved every minute and they had a great time together! ( when blake saw this picture of himself, he asked me to "belete" it - delete it) .... I LOVE this picture and would never do such a thing! It makes me giggle! I just love that BOY of mine :)

 While the boys were away... the girls did play :) We went to the MALL for a shopping excursion... Swim suit shopping to be exact... for the girls not me :) that way it was more enjoyable for us all! The girls lucked out and we found the cutest suits for the season :) Good Ole JcPenny's ... I HEART YOU!
After lots of shopping we dined at Cheesecake Factory... We had a great time together :)
 I sure love spending time with my girlies :)


 HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!!! me at church adorning my BEAUTIFUL flower pin that Blake and the other guys made for all us gals!!! I thought it was so sweet!
 Leonard bought me this beautiful Spring Bouquet!
 I had to wait a couple days for the Lilly's to open! it was worth the wait! The Color was so bright and beautiful :)
 Flowers are such a delight! :)
 I also got this fun necklace and fancy ring... funny thing, while the girls and I were out shopping.. I saw this ensamble and thought my mom would love it so, I bought it for her... I told my girls I would LOVE a matching set for me on mothers day... hint hint ;) so low and behold... SURPRISE! My mom and I are TWINS with this fun gift! I love love love love it ;)
This is a portrait of me and a book that Carly drew & wrote for me! I am LOVED!

I wished i was more on the ball on mothers day to take pictures with my 3 kiddos... since they are the reason I am a mother ;) but didn't even think about it! It was a hectic day... not really the restful, dreamy mother's day they advertise... Church at 9am... i taught my primary class... came home to lots of homemade cards from my sweeties and the girls even decorated the house in pink streamers for me! it was sweet and I failed to take any pictures... Then instead of my mother's day nap and pampering... I was folding clothes, ironing  and cleaning the kitchen... with all my family's help of course as we prepared to have a Mother's Day dinner party for my mom and sister and families!!! Kaitlyn surprised me by playing a special musical # on her cello she composed... the primary song, Mother I Love You! It was very specail and no I did not take a picture or video! It was wonderful though! I am so blessed!

 Here are some of the pages of the book Carly wrote for me! I love it and she makes me laugh! I loved all her artwork! Thanks Carly :)

Even though I didn't get me Mother's Day nap in or my back massage I was hoping for, It was a great day and I did feel the love! I have so much to be thankful for! I have a great hubby and 3 awesome kids! I wouldn't have it any other way!

So wouldn't you say that was a pretty JAM PACKED Weekend??? It was good and stay tuned for more :)

1 comment:

Grammy Staffy said...

Wow... I would definitely say it was a jam packed weekend... I am speechless. Congrats on the triathlon and coming in 3rd. I love the picture of Blake's dirty hands after the camp out. I so well remember the wash I had to do when John and David got home from theirs.. it even got worse when they started going on 50 mile bike rides with the camping trips.
I think your girls should put on those new bathing suits and come over to our house to swim.... don't you all need a so. Cal vacation break????

I am glad that you got lots of love on Mother's day.... if not a lot of rest. Many hugs, Aunt Lura