Friday, October 2, 2009

My SPOOKTACULAR Halloween Decor

Boy oh boy, have I been feeling FESTIVE lately. I have been sooooo excited about Halloween this year. It is kinda weird. I mean I LOVE Halloween. Dressing up, Candy, parties & my favorite of them all, Spooky and Bootiful decor :)...who doesn't love it all? I started getting my itch to decorate and create a bit early for me. Halloween in September. Wow, I know that is early ;) I think I have been excited about pulling out my cute stuff I got last year. It also helps being inspired by some amazing crafty friends of mine. Sharing some CUTE Halloween craft ideas gets my creative wheels spinning. So without further adue, I present to you my SPOOKTACULAR Halloween Decor for 2009!

Aren't these sooooo cute??? I blinged up these little pumpkins with the best glitter in town...Martha Stewart Glitter. I got these lovely candle sticks at Kirklands (on clearance) and added a little glam with some feathers and and beads...my favorite!
PS the pictures don't do these justice. They look way better in person :)

These Pumpkins are my kitchen table centerpiece this year. I also spookified my light. Feathers, black glittered twigs and spiderweb is all you need :) oh and a creepy spider dangling down it's web for the perfect touch :)

My kitchen window ledge also has been halloweenified :) Love my BEWARE sign I got at walmart for $2.50. What a bargain!


My friend Lisa gave me this idea...Blinged up candle sticks. Love these little witch boots too! I used sticky rhinestones in scrapbook section at Michaels. Easy and Cute!


More spider web, Spooks things up quite fast. Easy and cheap. I found this plate at Party City for $2.99 I used my fancy Cricut machine to cut out BOO. Glittered my letters and used glue dots to adhere. I also hot glued the Halloween plate to a white plate I already had to make it big enough for my easel. But you already knew that me and my glue gun are tight ;)


Stepping back for another view!!! YES i LOVE IT!!! don't you love my dollar store skull! it is blinged out too! LOVE IT!!! That black pumpkin I bought last year on clearance at JoAnn's. Hooray for a good deal!


Moving on to my Front Room. My friend Lisa bought this HUGE spider from Target last year and when I saw it, I HAD TO HAVE IT. Unfortunately when I went to buy mine, they were all sold out :( my friend saw that Target had them again this year, so I rushed right out to get mine. I think my banister is the perfect place for this creepy crawly furry friend of mine!

I am loving the web! ooooh this spider is pretty creepy!


LOVE LOVE LOVE this find! Found it at Kirklands. I giggle with delight every time I see them!


ooooh ahhhh, the Entry side table. It needed an upgrade from last year. so UPGRADE I did! :) Lots of new fun creations to tell you about....


I will first start off with the Glittered Pumpkin Topiary. I am telling you my friend Lisa has a good eye. She spotted these cute topiarys at a cute little store and then recreated one for herself. Once I saw it, I fell in LOVE and had to make one too. It was Easy as Pie! You need an Urn or container. Decorative Pumpkins at Michaels. I blinged mine with Martha Stewart glitter. You paint on some Modge Podge glue first and then sprinkle til your hearts delight. Then once dried, use shishkabob skewers you poke through your pumpkins to hold them together. Put foam in your urn and stick your pumpkins into it. I used a feather boa for the feather trim and a bit of beaded garland. Voila~ and AMAZING Pumpkin Topiary!! There are so many options and choices. Go to town girl!


I also found this super cute SPOOKY and I love it! An easy way to add decor is to frame some cute paper and I used my Cricut to cut out eek. Glue it together and DONE!!! another piece of holiday cuteness! These little Skeletons were found at the dollar store! 4 for a $1... Insane in know!


My NEW and Favorite addition is this collection of Apothecary Jars. I have seen so many super cute ways to use these jars for so many holidays, parties and just plain old decor! I have been wanting a collection of these jars for a few years and decided this was time to add these babies! I will always be on the look out to fill them with fun and creative goodies. The dollar store did not disappoint again with the skulls and bone hands & crows. I even picked up my candy corn there too. SWEET!


My lamp even got a mini Halloween Makeover. I pinned a feather boa around the rim and I LOVE it! :) I have creepy spiders crawling EVERYWHERE:)


I put this centerpiece together last year and I had to enjoy it again this year. My secret ingredient is Christmas Ornaments in my wired 2 tiered basket. I blinged up that sweet witches hat last year and I love it!


I had to have one more Apothecary Jar. this is a BIG Boy! 40% off coupon at JoAnn's - Thank You! Inside this beauty is another glittery skull from the Dollar Store. Man I LOVE that place. I added a stand of Halloween Bead for the final touch.


Close up view! BOO!


I spookified my other light fixture in my front room with a feather boa and spider web and threw this last minute WICKED arrangement. I think it needs a little help. I bought all these "ingredients" last year to create my door wreath. This was the left over and I wanted to display it somehow. It works for now. I have it sitting by my computer and I get to stare at it longingly every day, hoping for some inspiration. If you have any ideas please share :)


An overall look! I am liking it! It screams I NEED TO HAVE A HALLOWEEN PARTY!....hmmmmm I might have to do that :)


Ok.... so I have saved the best for last. Or the LAST of my Halloween projects for 2009....well I better not say that out loud. There might be something else cute I HAVE TO HAVE :)

Behold... My HALLOWEEN BANNER!!!!!!
Can I just say how IN LOVE I am with my Cricut!!! The poor fancy machine has been waiting for me to create and use the little guy and now WATCH OUT!!! It is gonna be getting WAY more use! This banner was sooooo fun to make. It did take me a while as I was trying to figure out what kind of banner I want to make, and the size and such. The possibilities are really Endless! I had an idea and was ON FIRE!!! I didn't stop til it was done. I guess that is how I am with most things I start. I am a finisher!!! :) and proud of it.


So here is a little secret, I bought Martha Stewart's banner (which is the letters, sold at Michaels) I took it apart and added my own flare. I have a pretty good stock of ribbon...as you know, or don't know....I am a ribbon collector too :) and used tulle to string it all together. I love hanging it on my big mirror and think it really it the cherry on top of all my Halloween Creations. So what do you think?


Here is the other half of my front room. Man!!! I love that banner. I have a feeling this mirror will be displaying many holiday banners to come! You just wait :)
So there you have it. The Zito's Spooktacular Halloween Decor for 2009! Are you ready to Create?

14 comments:

The Gurrs said...

O.K. MARTHA! SO cute! It makes me want to branch out w/my decor. mines all Fall colors...Pumpkins, fall leaves, gourds, maze, etc. that way w/ a few minor changes it works for Thanksgiving too. But wow, you've really given me some great ideas for next year. Thanks.

melissa said...

Wow, Loree. That just looks awesome! Now I'm in a Halloween mood for sure.

Mrs.EBG said...

Well your decorations sure don't disappoint, Loree!! You are seriously so talented, you should share! ;)
Your house looks great!

April said...

Wow! You really outdid yourself this year, Loree. Super cute! I think that giant spider is my favorite. Love, love, love all the festive glitter and ribbon!

Heather said...

YOu are amazing! Wish the Halloween Elf would come and do those kind of decorations at my house! :) I might have to branch out and try to be crafty this year....or maybe next year!

Rachel M said...

You seriously should hire yourself out! You are one crafty lady! I love, love, love it! That was a fun post to look at:)

Anonymous said...

That makes me like Halloween even more!!! And when they look that good I would put them up in September too!!!

Tammie said...

Love, Love, Love it!!! Thanks for sharing all the decorating tips and secrets you used! Your such a talented lady!!:)

Jessica said...

Wow!! Your creativity never disappoints. Way to go lady. I wish my house was filled with such Halloween fabulousness!

Sarah S. said...

Looks great in pictures but it's even more beautiful and sparkly in person. You should start Halloween Holiday Tours.

Leah said...

Love it! It is sooo much better in person. I love that you made each of these things your own...you know how to snaz things up! And where is the cute front door?

Rachel said...

ohh how i love. I am still in the collectors face in my life. So each year my decor gets a little better. i love it all. so festive

Granny Z. said...

Holy cow! You went all out. I can't believe you have the time to do all that!

bonnie said...

Loree- Hey I came accross your blog from Rachels blog. I LOVE all of your halloween decorations, SO SO SO cute. You are seriously so crafty. Thanks for the ideas!