Monday, April 19, 2010

Princess & the Pea...Pageant &...Easter EGGStravaganza

Back in March, we had a FABULOUS GIRLS DAY OUT...with my girlies and my sister, nieces and my mom. We took the girls to the Hale Theater in Gilbert to see the play... PRINCESS & THE PEA! It was our first time enjoying a show at the Hale Theater and I must say it was very DELIGHTFUL!
I have heard that every seat in the house is great and I will have to agree. We were in the back north 40 and we could see GREAT! Unfortunately, we didn't get to sit together but we still had a fabulous time. Can't wait to see another play there. If you haven't paid the Hale Theater yet...now is the time! You won't be disappointed! 

~ Easter Pageant ~

It's Tradition and one that I LOVE, to see the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple every year. It was just the girls and I this year. Leonard had to work and Blake got to hang out with Dad. Next year I hope we will all get to enjoy the pageant together. We got there at 5:30pm and the show begins at 8pm. We wanted good seats and I think the early arrival was worth the wait. The best part about getting there early is visiting with my family who came along. We even bumped into one of our favorite missionaries attending the pageant this year...Elder Faulkner!! He was one of Leonard's missionaries :)That was cool! 
The Easter Pageant was so amazing again this year. I am truly grateful for the Savior Jesus Christ sacrifice He lovingly & willingly gave for each one of us. I could feel the Spirit so strong this evening and my Testimony was strengthened with this knowledge.  I try to live my life each day in a way that will help me grow closer to my Savior. And when I fall short...which I do daily,  the gift of the atonement lets me try, try again! This time of year is a great reminder of what is truly important in life. 


The kids were "DYING" to Color Easter Eggs this year.
Some how...???.....we "forgot" to color eggs last year?! So we had to make up for it this year. And boy oh boy, did we have some fun! :) and lucky for me... no major spills to clean up this year...PHEW!


Don't these kiddos look so happy??? We thought this was a great between general conference family activity to do and it was!  :)


So PRETTY & so EGGcellent! 


"Here comes Peter Cottontail, Hoppin down the bunny trail, Hippity Hoppity Hippity Hoppity, Easter's on it's way!!!"
My Mom used to sing this little easter song every year as we got ready for easter. Now I sing it to my kids. ....ahh, the memories :)

Look what the Easter Bunny brought this year....


Happy Easter Kiddos...We LOVE YOU!!! 


They were all hoping for a big fluffy stuff animal to hug and wow that Easter Bunny is AMAZING!!! Picked out the perfect snuggly pal for each kid. ;)


Bubbles, Peeps and new Shirts for everyone...and chocolate too ... of COURSE! ;)


Cleaned up and ready to hunt for the hidden Easter Eggs... Wow, what a great looking bunch!


And Let the HUNT begin..... It is always a mad dash and so fun to watch! It is hard getting pics of the action because everyone is frantic...but I made my kids stop and SMILE for the Camera!!! good kiddos :)

That Easter Bunny hid a LOT of eggs.  It was a good hunt for sure!


The Zito Kids hit the jackpot with stockpile of  MAJOR Sweet Loot! Happy Easter!

Now it is time to relax and listen to our Prophet speak during General Conference. We get to reflect on the real meaning of the Easter Season...The Atonement & Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. Conference was wonderful...so inspiring and brings such Peace and Hope. We ended our Easter Sunday by enjoying a scrumptious feast of honey baked ham, twice baked potatoes, deviled eggs and lemon bars...my fav! and best of all...with family.
I hope your Easter was just as special!

3 comments:

April said...

Happy Easter! What a lot of fun! And your family just gets cuter and cuter every time I see you guys. :)

Rachel said...

Happy Easter. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun:)

Leah said...

What a fun time...so glad you love the Hale theater...I want season passes there...