Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Slow Going Adventures at the Grocery Store

Blake's Preschool Class has been learning about food and fruits and veggies grow and where food comes from. It was fitting to take a little field trip to the grocery store and go behind he scenes to learn more. I got to go along and it was....let's say...intresting....ya, that's it :)
Josh, the store manager gave the ENDLESS, RAMBLING, SSSSSLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWW tour of Fry's. I don't think he have ever talked to little kids before. It was hard to walk at a snails pace through the store and stopping for eternity at each section of the store while employees asked the kids hard ?'s that they wouldn't understand. I know it was a service on their part, BUT you have to consider your audience people...3 & 4 year old rambunctious little kids. They don't CARE about what you have to say. They just want to eat the snacks and tell you their favorite color.  Boy, I sure sound grumbly don't I? sorry i can't help myself. It was cool to learn about some behind the scenes stuff at the grocery store but this tour could have been done in 10 minutes NOT for an HOUR!!!! DANG!!!

To make this tour even longer... Josh gave all 9 kids the opportunity to scan 5 groceries a piece.....HEAVEN FORBID!  but before they could scan it, we waited for 5 torturous minutes while we waited for a stool to be brought out. The kids were all DONE with the tour by this time. When it was Blake's turn, I think he enjoyed the checking out stuff, but he was getting kinda tired. He refused to wear his butcher hat.  It was an ADVENTURE to say the least, but one of the most BORING, and SLOW adventures I have endured in a Long Long time! I think it was a great idea and fit in great to what the kids were learning but I BLAME the whole boring tour solely on JOSH! He needs some lessons in communicating with little people!!! if he does have kids.... oh boy! I feel sorry for them :)


POST EDIT: ok so i was reading this post and I was starting to feel a little bad about the harsh judgments I made toward Manager Josh. In Fact, Blake & I were at this grocery store yesterday...April 27th. And Josh saw us and gave us a warm smile! GULP.....I felt a little GUILTY.... and was sure if he had the chance to read this post about him, he would probably not smile at us when we go shopping at his store.  so Josh, the manager...if you ever come across this blog post about you, try to not be offended. OK! I am sure one day when you have kids you will learn the skills you need! Hang in there dude! I guess you are not THAT BAD. You just need practice! :) ahhhh, I feel better now :)

1 comment:

Sarah S. said...

You are hillarious! I love this post and can just see you rolling your eyes and putting your head in your hands laughing. I wish I could have been there. We could have snickered together in the back. Maybe next year?!