Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter Week Festivities

The week leading up to Easter was packed to the brim from one fun thing to the next!

~ Field Trip~
Wednesday April 20, 2011
Blake's Preschool class got to go on a field trip to a new local Frozen Yogurt shop... 
YOGURT KINGDOM.... it has become our family's new favorite place for a treat :) Blake was beyond thrilled to visit "ICE CREAM KINGDOM" as he likes to call it! Aren't these kiddos so cute! 
The kids got to tour the whole shop from front to back... it was pretty cool!  The mural painted on the wall is so AWESOME!!! very whimsical and you feel like you are somewhere special.

They even got to sample whatever flavor their heart delights :)

 Blake LOVED his Watermelon Sorbet cone!  YUM!!!

 ooooh, but the fun continued right next door to our family's FAVORITE pizza shop... 
Barro's Pizza
(Yes, Dessert first! who would do it any other way?)
They took a little tour behind the scenes and even got to make their very one little pizza!

Blake sure loved every bite of his cheese pizza. We had a great time on this fun field trip! Thanks to Miss Katie for organizing such a great time!  This is Blake's LAST field trip as a PRESCHOOLER!!! I can't believe how the time has just flown by!

~ EASTER PAGEANT ~ 
Thursday, April 21, 2011
We all headed down to the Mesa Temple to watch the Easter Pageant. It was beautiful as ever. Kaitlyn invited her good friend Stella to come with us this year.  It was even Blake's first time to see the pageant. He didn't last very long. Our little early riser is usually in bed asleep by 7:30pm... The pageant began at 8pm...Blake was out like a light a few minutes after 8pm... it was kinda nice & quiet BUT holding a sleeping giant boy in my arms for about an hour was quite the workout! :)
 Regardless, the Easter Pageant, Jesus the Christ is so special. I love being able to hear the stories of this perfect loving man and my love for him grows each time I reflect on the great sacrifice he freely gave because he loves us so much! I know my Savior lives and that he loves each of us! He did die on the cross for each one of us, but we can have joy knowing he was resurrected and so shall we one day. He died so we may Live! What a beautiful reminder of this great Easter Message. I always leave with tears in my eyes and my heart touched. I Love My Savior Jesus Christ and I know he Lives!


~ Coloring Eggs ~
Friday, April 22, 2011
It is our family tradition to color easter eggs! The Kids were totally excited about this yearly activity! I turned them loose and they made some pretty sweet eggs!


Oh La LA! Great job Zito kiddos... These beautiful eggs didn't get to keep their colorful shells on very long. I soon turned them into Deviled Eggs.. another easter tradition :) 

~ Road Trip ~ 
Saturday, April 23, 2011
We took a family road trip across southern AZ to a family reunion... in fact, we drove most of Leonard's Bike route that he rode on that last 380 mile bike ride to Tombstone, AZ, back in march... I was in shock and awe seeing for myself the long roads, crazy hills Leonard & Mike rode on this amazing journey. We all liked driving through Saguaro National Park... I couldn't believe my eyes at how many saguaros there were too! The kids loved all the rolling hills and thought we were on a roller coaster. :)

We took a detour to visit the San Xavier Mission outside of Tucson. 
 This is a beautiful and unique catholic church was built over 300 years ago and has a rich history!

 We were amazed by it's beauty and intricate details
It was open to the public to tour or to worship in if you desired. The detail work was pretty impressive. You could tell it was an old building yet preserved very well. 
Blake thought it was scary inside. They had music playing in the background, Monks singing. I think it freaked him out a little bit. It was a different feel here. Very interesting to say the least.
I have always wanted to see this place in person. It was a cool detour and now we get to mark this off our PLACES TO VISIT list! Sweet!


~ Curtis Family Reunion ~
Saturday, April 23, 2011
We finally arrived at our destination.... St. David, AZ .... where we enjoyed a good meal with my mom's family. We visited and played a fun game of Curtis Family Jeopardy. Aunt Kay did a great job with that game. We all got a chuckle or two learning tid-bits about my grandparents and aunts and uncles lives. Bravo Aunt Kay!
We were missing over 1/2 of our family, but the few of us that could make it had a nice time :)

 The GRUB was delicious! - THANKS!

My cousin Travis took all the kids on a horseback ride! They were in HEAVEN!!!

yeee haw!

Kaitlyn & Blake enjoyed their stroll as well! 


To close our Family Reunion we met at the cemetery where both of my Grandparents are laid to rest. We had a little ceremony with a hymn and a scripture and Aunt Kay reminded us of our wonderful heritage. Grandma & Grandpa Curtis were humble, hard working folks! They taught their children principles of the Gospel and I think they taught them by example very well.  It feels pretty special knowing I come from such amazing folks & people so dedicated to the Lord! It make me want to live better, serve more and cling to the teachings of Gospel like never before! 
I sure loved my dear grandparents. I can't wait to see them again. To visit with them, hug them and be together forever!  
St. David, AZ was settled by my Curtis family pioneers. This little Mormon town has a rich heritage of my ancestors and it was special being there with people who I love. I wish there was more time to spend together! Family Reunions are Great! It was such a nice day!


~ Easter Morning ~ 
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Looking pretty spiffy in their Easter Sunday Duds!

 ~ Beautiful Kaitlyn ~ 

I do have to brag... just a smidge! ;) I stitched all the pearls on Kaitlyn's white shrug. We searched store after store for a shrug that would compliment her Easter Dress... it is a sleeveless dress and wanted to make it more modest. We thankfully found this shrug and I thought it would be perfect if I added some pearls to it! It only took me 7 hours ;) Luckily for me, it was done in the car on our LONG Road trip to St. David. The perfect car project! I barely got it done in time!  I did literally pat my self on the back... it was a proud moment for me :) LOL!!! oh and I only stabbed my self once with the needle and I am still finding little pearls in my car :)

~ Gorgeous Carly ~ 

 ~ Handsome Blake ~
Church was great! A beautiful Easter Morning. 


 ~ Easter Baskets FINALLY ~
 Yes the Easter Bunny did make his way to our house too and it was torture as the kids had to wait until after church to dig in and discover what Peter Cotton Tail left for them :)

Chocolate, Peeps and a new spring outfit!

oooh, and a little cute wind-up hopping bunny too!



 ~ Egg Hunt ~
Hunting for Easter Eggs is always fun! 


  There you have it! Happy Easter!!!
That was one busy Easter Week at the Zito's Home! We hope you all enjoyed this beautiful time of year with your family. 

5 comments:

Leah said...

So much fun!! I can't believe you sewed all those little pearls...pat on the back to you!@! And I have sung with my choir from college in the San Xavier Mission...it is a neat place...loved reading all about your Easter adventures

TL said...

Wow Kaitlyn is so beautiful and so grown up, how did that happen? She's almost as tall as you, I remember when you were pregnant with her and flying home from AZ and you came to visit us in SLC. Wow, where did the time go?

Kristina said...

Please tell me you got fry bread at the mission!!! That's seriously the best part!! You may have to go back..... :)

Grammy Staffy said...

What a wonderful post full of great pictures of your precious family. Unfortunately my computer would not pick up all of the pictures but the ones I could see are lovely.
How nice that you made a "pearly" top. I know how much work that is because I've put lots of pearls on my granddaughter's baaptism dresses and on Mindy's wedding dress. It takes a lot of time but it is so pretty and worth the effort.
I am glad I can keep up with you guys through your blog. Keep it up.

I leave the hospital day after 42 days. It will be a long trip home. Please keep me in your prayers.
I love all of you.Hugs, Aunt Lura

Rachel said...

WOWZA. What a fun easter:) So good to c u at the reunion. You have a darling family:)