Wednesday, March 11, 2009

SEW Cute! Scripture Totes

*** to all the ladies wanting instructions to make your own scripture tote... check out my post HERE for the supply list in other links for instructions :) happy crafting :)******

I was feeling crafty yesterday and was bound and determined to make 5 scripture totes for ME :) but I will share with my girls :) I love to accessorize & bought all the supplies several months ago to make a few scripture totes to switch back and forth from. It was time to mark these off my to-do list. :) Take a peek at the cuteness...
Love this brown & deep pink tote! I think it is my favorite :)

Red & Brown is so in :)

Red & green...so springy...also a favorite :)

Gimme me some Green & Black please...oh so fresh & classy...love it!

This was a fun tote to make! I love all the rich colors. Especially the purple broach!
This is the other side of the rich tote :) so fun!

This was the first tote I adventured to make. I think it was so cute! It was a Christmas gift for Kaitlyn. I added it to my collection cuz I may need to borrow it sometime :)

This Black classy tote was a gift to me from our RS presidency a couple years ago i think. They made them for all the ladies in the ward. So nice hu? I blinged it up with that broach and added fru fru fringe to spice it up! It has been my favorite of all totes, but I will be switching out now that I have so many fun options :)
This was my first tote. Given to me as a gift from my good friend Katie. I have loved it and have almost worn it out. Thanks friend :)

My SEW Cute Scripture Tote Collection...LOVE IT! Anyone can make them all you need is Placemats, Ribbon and a little bling!

46 comments:

Jessica said...

Super cute!!! I need to make some cute frilly bags! I'll have to bling mine up a bit more. Those turned out amazing. Love them!

Rachel said...

i love those. way cute!

TL said...

So Cute, I made a couple of these but didn't have the bling like yours. I might have to go back to the sewing table and add them. So cute and they are so easy huh! Love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Those are so stinkin' cute!!! I love them!!! The talent!!!!

Johnny and Anny said...

Wow, that was a bit of eye-candy...I can't believe my eyes, 8 scripture totes! You should market these babies to Deseret Book, or maybe even DryCreek Designs? (can you use the same concept for making tote bags..using placemats?)

loved it, loved, it, loved it.

Tammie said...

Loree, I just have to tell you how amazingly talented you are! I love your creativity and flair. Like we talked about the other day....everyone has different talents, and you have been blessed with many! Thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

My Goodness Loree! You are so amazing and you oooze with creativity. I wish I could pinch some off, and put it in my brain. I second the above comments, you should totally market those babies. They are way cute! I would love to be your first customer. I'll place an order today for 3 if you're up for it! :)

Granny Z. said...

Wow, very cool. I am impressed with your totes. You should definately start taking orders!

The McNeil Family said...

WAY CUTE!!! Jen was telling me about these super cute totes that you made. I want to try to make them? I am not as crafty as you but I heard they are easy to make.

Sarah S. said...

I can't believe you finished of those puppies so quickly. Way to go. They are cute, cUtE, CUTE!

Mrs.EBG said...

Loree those are sooo dang cute! I'm with Tera if you're up for it I'd like to place an order! ;) I'm so not crafty like you but would love to know how you made them!

heidi said...

those are so cute!! you are so talented! wow!

Cherene said...

OK, can you do a post where you show step-by-step how to create these beauties? Although I think I am seriously lacking that innate sense of style that you have, so I'd have to copy yours exactly instead of trying to find my own look. You're just in a class of your own, girl!

lani said...

These are soo cute!! Can you show me how to make them??

Stacie said...

Wow! I found your blog through Tip Junkie and those scripture totes are absolutely AdOrAbLe!! I can't believe they are made out of placemats! What a fun idea! Do you mind if I post a picture on my blog if I link back to yours? Thanks again for the great idea!
Stacie (stacie4@q.com)
www.thecreativecrate.blogspot.com

Steve and Rebecca said...

Hi, my name is Rebecca and I got your website info from a friend of mine...I am enrichment leader in my ward and wondering if you have instructions on how to make your placemat scripture totes? My email is rebeccaholmstrom@gmail.com

Karlie said...

I also got your link from tip junkie. I am also the enrichment leader in my ward and wonder if you have instructions on how to make your placemat scripture totes? My email is yokarlar@gmail.com. Could you include places to look for the bling and placemats! Thanks! Awesome idea.

Terah Belle said...

I am also an enrichment leader and would LOVE to use these scripture totes as a super saturday project. May I get the instructions on how to make them? My e-mail is lil_tizzy2@hotmail.com. You are amazingly talented! These are the cutest little things I have ever seen.

kelly said...

Hi! I also came from tip junkie and I would love to know how to make these. If you some instructions, I would love to have them! These are SO fabulous! Can I link back to your blog from mine?

Demarcus Family said...

we are having a super saturday also and I would love if you had some instructions on how to make these darling totes!
Thanks :)
dtdemarcus@yahoo.com

kristine said...

Hi! Can you send me instructions for making these? I would love to use these in our ward too. Thanks! kristinehanks@gmail.com

Andersonland said...

Your bags are such a hit! I'm looking for something for my Beehives to make if you are emailing instructions would you mind one more? kristinmaxwell@hotmail.com THANK YOU!!!

Mindy said...

I am also the enrichment leader in my ward. Can you e-mail me instructions on how to make these? My email is rawlins.mindy@gmail.com. Thanks!

Mirien said...

Me too! I googled placemat scripture totes and found you. We're making these for enrichment--can I get instructions also? mbchurch2@gmail.com

Kalina said...

hey, my name is Kalina and I'm on the Enrichment committee in my ward in Canada. Will you email me on how to make these? That would be greatly appreciated. I'm always looking for cute ideas like these. My email is kalinalawlor@hotmail.com

WALLISVILLE said...

Okay, looks like I am not the only enrichment leader surfing the net for ideas. If you have instructions you would be willing to share, I would LOVE that! Thanks, Tiffany wallisfam@hotmail.com

Stefanie D. said...

Wow! Just found this through tip junkie also. Can I please, please, get the instructions also?? supersporty_07@hotmail.com. SO CUTE!!

Melissa said...

Guess what? I'm an enrichment leader too. Would you mind e-mailing me the instructions? These are adorable! Thanks!
mdurrant80@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I have one question. How do you make the totes? I have flowers and everything. I just don't know how to put the tote together. They're super cute!!

Adam & Brandi said...

First off these are very cute. Thank you for sharing these. I, too, found you through tip junkie. And if you have time and are willing to share the "how to" I would really be grateful. My e-mail address is bigsky81104@comcast.net
Thank you for your time.

Angie said...

Another Enrichment Night Leader here. Could I get the "how-to" also? casobek@hotmail.com. Thank you so much. These are too cute for words.

Anonymous said...

SUPER CUTE!! Can I have the how to instructions??? I would love to make something similar for my sister!! Thanks my email is kjwarner@hotmail.com

The Smiths said...

I would love the instructions for these...ran onto your blog searching for a cute scripture tote on google...so hard to find! bethanydabellsmith@yahoo.com

Jeanine Reynolds said...

My name is Jeanine and I also would love the pattern for our ward if you wouldn't mind. They are such darling scripture bags! Thank you
jeanine.reynolds@yahoo.com

Neal and Lori Jeppson said...

adorable! I, like everyone else, would love the step by step instructions to do them in our ward. Thanks! My email is lori.jeppson@yahoo.com

Jeena Lugo said...

I would really love the instructions too! Please email me.
ryanlugo at hotmail.com.

Keri said...

Would you mind emailing me the instructions and list of items to purchase for this craft? I too am in charge of Super Saturday, and these are fantastic!

kmtn30@gmail.com

Nicole said...

Absolutely darling! I am in charge of Super Saturday, could your please send me the instructions!Thank you so much!

Nicole said...

It would help if you had my email.
nhhobbs@msn.com

Nicole said...

It would help if you had my email. Sorry about that. Thanks again!
nhhobbs@msn.com

Anna McClure said...

Do you have directions to share for these? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
I'm on yahoo.com - abmcclure@

Katielin317 said...

Well, I see everyone else giving you their email in hopes of recieving a pattern, Thought I'd do the same:) THese are so cute!! And I do the RS monthly craft night and this would make a GREAT craft ! Thankyou:)

Just Me said...

Hi, I am also an enrichment leader in my ward. Could I also get instructions on how to make them?? How did we get craft ideas before the internet?? haha Thank you a ton.
charliangel82@hotmail.com

Danae said...

Could I also get instructions? Super Saturday is coming up, and I think these would be a hit. Thanks!

danae.kannely (at)gmail(dot)com

Krisn said...

I would also LOVE to learn how to make these for our Super Saturday coming up. Could you please email me instructions as well. If you aren't offering them, could you please also let me know. Thank you
dnkdye@msn.com

Krisn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.