Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spring Break Festivities part 1

Wow! Our Spring Break was packed full of fun, playing, projects and family time! We thought about what we wanted to do each day, made a list of fun ideas and put it on the calendar. We didn't get to do all the fun things but we have lots of great ideas for future good times :)

SATURDAY MARCH 14th....
Leonard and I went on a great 52 miler bike ride! It was a great ride gearing up for the big boy in 2 days from now! EXCITING!!!
We got home and took the family to get some yummy krazy subs and they were GOOD!!!!
Next we went to Game Stop to pick up a couple used Wii games. The girls were so excited! We also had to get the newly released Pinocchio DVD for us to enjoy! I love that movie! Blake really likes it. He tells everyone that "He's a Real Boy!" it is too cute! When you see him ask him about it. it is a Hoot! Saturday evening Kaitlyn and I headed out to get some supplies needed to give the girls room a makeover! MY NEW PROJECT!!! i Love projects! Their room is already pink. We wanted to change it up a bit by adding some brown into the mix. So we started with getting new bedding. it is this cute polka dot from Target. My goal was to make new curtains, paint their blue dresser brown and re-vamped my old bedroom lamp for their room. it was fun and has kept me busy all week long.
Here is a sneak peak. Their room is still a work in progress. I will give the grand tour in a week or so when i have a chance to finish it up :) so exciting! Repainting this dresser was a bit of a headache. But I like the finished result :) Phew!
I LOVE this lamp. I painted the base brown, added ribbon, beads and fringe to the shade. It is so dainty. Perfect! and this cute "cake" box is the girls jewelry box. I changed out the blue ties to brown of course. When I finish the room I will put up before and after pics for the full affect! I know you are all so excited :) me too :)
Back to Spring Break Festivities...
MONDAY NIGHT MARCH 16th
Game Night and Banana Splits! YUM
Leonard and the girls playing a good game of Clue!
Blakey boy wants to play too :)
Game's over... Leonard won! He is the Man! Time for Banana Splits! Hooray!
Blake likes extra whip cream!
Next game on the docket.... LIFE!!! The fancy electronic version. Kaitlyn got it for Christmas and we really love to play. Kaitlyn wins almost every time too! LUCKY!
My cute happy girls! LOVE YOU GUYS!
I have always loved this game! It is really fun!
Well it is fun until you lose :( can you tell who won AGAIN!!!!
I love Carly's ANGRY EYES! yikes! She really will give you that look if you cross her. We try to keep her happy :)
JK - we are having fun! We had a rip roaring good time together!


Tuesday March 17th
Happy st. Patty's day! oops we kinda forgot. Guess we aren't Irish! pinch me!
We started our morning off with a hearty IHOP breakfast! Oh yeah!
You can really tell it is morning for Blake. I love the bed head hair that never got combed. Oh well! still cute!
I Love IHOP's Pancakes and Butter Pecan Syrup! My FAVORITE! I need to buy me a gallon of that good stuff~
Breakfast is served and everyone is happy and hungry!
This was a happy face pancake. Breakfast was tasty and filling!
Leonard headed off to work and I took the kids to the .....

ZOO!
We were thinking it would be too crowed being spring break, but it wasn't too bad. Our first stop was checking out all the cool Koi Fish! Blake was already not cooperating. Pictures of the back of his head is a popular trend at the zoo. too funny!
We took a different route this trip and Blake thought this lizard bench was too cool!
wow that was one HUGE tree!
We loved watching the baby Orangutans. So stinking cute! This exhibit is always the busiest and you have to jockey for front row position to get a good glimpse of these adorable mammals.
The Mama was just chillin! I can't get enough of these orangutans!
Taking a little rest break. It is warming up way to fast here! I am kinda freaked out by Blake's new smile he is starting to do! YIKES boy! LOL
Ahhhhh! a GARAGE!!! Blake found one and was in HEAVEN! you know how Blake is about Garages. He is obsessed! Crazy boy!
He is telling me about the garage and how he wants to open it. He is giving it a try! Blake is a funny little guy!
These Iguana's were entertaining to watch. They were chasing each other all around.
My happy trio taking another break in the shade.
We were really close to these big tortoises. It was pretty cool. we could reach over and touch them if we wanted, but we were good and held back :) We thought these guys were HUGE until we saw this....
THE BIG BERTHA of all the Tortoises. WHoA! HuGE!!!!!
The girls were dying to climb this cool climbing wall since our last trip to the zoo. I caved and let them give it a go!
They were little monkey's! Go Girls Go!
Here is Kaitlyn! She made it to the top! Hi-Fives girl! Carly did awesome too. She almost made it to the top! I am proud of my adventurous girls! What fun we had at the Zoo!
Here I am! All Zooed out for the day! off to the next adventure!
Home again, home again jiggety jog! I was excited to come home and work on home improvement projects and the girls played at their friends house and Blake was happy taking a nap! What a great Tuesday we had!
There is more Adventures of Spring break to come...stayed tuned :)

5 comments:

Tawni said...

Wow, you guys had lots of fun stuff to do!

Sarah S. said...

I can't believe you documented every day. Way to go! Does Carly have hair extensions in at the zoo? So cute.

Johnny and Anny said...

The race is almost here!! Good luck on your ride, we'll be thinking about y'all.

Boy do I miss the days of spring break, and I wished that I was one of your kids last week! Caitlyn and Carly's room is very chic, it gave me a few decorating tips. What a great mama. I got a good laugh about Blake's obsession with garages, who knew?!

Rasheta Family said...

Hi, I think we are blogging at the same time. I just saw your comments after I posted my third post for the day!
What a fun family you guys are! And good luck at the race!

Granny Z. said...

Holy cow! What a fun time you guys are having - I almost felt like I went to the zoo with all the fun pictures.