Aug. 8, 2009
Carly told me she has been waiting all her life for this special day. The day she gets Baptized. She is so excited to follow Jesus Christ's example and be baptized and become the newest member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Granny & Pappy Zito flew down to AZ to support Carly on her happy day. She couldn't wait to wear her new pretty white dress too.

Aahhhh! What a beautiful girl! I can't believe she is 8 years old. She loves her new baptism dress and adores the new scripture tote I made for her. It screams CARLY :)

I found her dress by chance and when I brought it home to show her, she was in love. I was so happy it fit and she has room to grow in it. Isn't she just a doll? I know :)

Carly has the prettiest brown eyes!

Blake is as happy as can be. Can you tell? He is showing off his candy that Pappy gave him! Blake sure loves his Pappy. He calls him HAPPY!!! It is too cute!

We were so excited Leonard's folks came down to spend the weekend with us. They are some amazing people. I am so blessed to have them in my life. They love us so much too! :)

Carly is dressed in her baptism clothes. So here is a ? you might have if you aren't familiar with the LDS faith. Why get baptized when your are 8? - because age 8 is the age of accountability. When you are 8 you have the ability to chose right from wrong. This is a tender age where you make choices that will affect your future. Heavenly Father wants to help us every step of the way. When we chose to be baptized we make special covenants and promises with God that we will follow Jesus. We promise that will remember Jesus Christ & that we will keep his commandments. Heavenly Father promises us that He will forgive us of our mistakes. He gives us the Gift of the Holy Ghost (His Spirit) to lead and guide us and always be with us. This will help us to do what is right and helps us to be happy. And if we chose the right, He will give us eternal life. Pretty special hu? Carly is ready!!!
Here is another ? you might have... Why can Leonard baptize her? He holds the Priesthood and it is a gift from God which gives him the authority to perform this sacred ordinance. We feel so blessed that we have the priesthood in our home. It has blessed our lives so much.

Her hair is wet (because we are baptized by immersion....this means that your whole body is put completely under the water and then brought back up out of the water. Being under the water is a likeness of Jesus' death and burial. Being brought up out of the water is a likeness of Jesus' resurrection to a new life, and a likeness of your being born to a new clean life of righteousness.) and the baptism is complete. She is a brand new girl! It was such a sweet experience to witness. The spirit was so strong! I could feel my heart swell with happiness and joy. Carly could too. That warm feeling in her heart was the Holy Ghost testifying that Heavenly Father is so pleased with her choice to follow his commandment and be baptized. What a great day!

The Family! All these people love Carly and are her to show support and witness this special ordinance.

The missionaries and the gals. We love these Elders! Leonard is serving as the Ward Mission Leader and we love to help these elders in way we can! We are even lucky enough to serve these great elders dinner here and there. We love the spirit they bring to our home. :) We love the missionaries :) You should have the missionaries over to see what I mean :)

So after the baptism, we had a little luncheon at our house with my family and a couple friends. Isn't this the coolest sandwich ever! a #8?? No way! SWEET!!! It was a tasty sub and we can thank Krazy Subs for this yummy number :)

The decor.... and some of the food. I threw this together late into the night :) Easy and simple and perfect :)
The Luncheon bunch! :) love you guys!
















13 comments:
What a special day for such a special girl. Congrats, you looked stunning in your little white dress Carly...follow your heart and your dreams girl. You will go far in life and I wish you nothing but the best! Love ya little lady!
Congrats to Carly, what special day. Everything looks beautiful.
Loree
what a special day. Thanks for documenting it so well...I love her dress and I love the explanations you gave....what a special time for your family!
Congrats, Carly! I tried to grab her at church Sunday to tell her how beautiful she looked! I LOVE her dress!
What a perfect day it looks like it turned out to be. She is a cute girl in her beautiful white dress. Congrats to Carly!!
What a sweet special girl. Looks like it was very special to her too. Wish we could have been there!
What a perfect post! So well explained. Congrats to your (not so little anymore) Carly! Your whole family looks so great...it's been a long time since i've seen everyone. :)What a special day.
that was a really nice post loree....thanks for sharing carly and your family's special day with all of us!
THAT SANDWICH IS PRETTY COOL
Ahh, what a fun time! I am so glad we could be there - we will be back in 5 years for Blake! Just kidding - hopefully way sooner than that. I love how you explained everything and such cute pictures (of course).
Ah, congrats Carly! Looks like a really special day. We're sad we couldn't be there for it. But you were in our thoughts that day.
Carly looked so beautiful! Congrats to her and to you, Mom! That is a pretty cool sub. :)
I stumbled on your blog somehow. I have a few friends who are LDS and I've always had questions but never felt comfy asking them so I love how you ask the questions I am wondering like why be baptized at 8.....
Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment