Leonard and I have worn glasses and contact lens for more than 1/2 our life. We were ready to look into corrective eye surgery. We made an appointment with the great Dr.'s at Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center in Phoenix. During our Consultation, we learned about a couple different options, Lasik, where a laser is used to reshape the cornea to correct vision. The other & more expensive option...
Visian ICL, Implantable Contact Lenses.
It is a new procedure and we think it is better than Lasik for a few reasons. With the Visian Implantable Contact Lens, you can achieve high definition vision without many of the risks associated with LASIK. Rather than changing the shape of the cornea as in LASIK eye surgery, implantable lenses are placed inside the eye to enhance the focusing abilities of the eye's natural lens providing excellent quality of vision. Other benefits of ICL is the lens is completely removable and replaceable. If our prescription changes dramatically in the years following the implantation procedure, the lenses can be removed easily with no ill effects. We were told most patients who receive the Visian ICL, however, never need to have any maintenance on the lenses at all. Because Implantable Corrective Lenses do not disturb or change the corneal surface at all, side effects sometimes seen with LASIK such as halos, glare, and corneal flap complications are eliminated. We were SOLD! plus I am NOT a candidate for Lasik, my corneas are too thin, so this is my only option.
We scheduled our surgeries. Mine was May 5th & Leonard was May 8th 2008. We both were blessed to have the #1 top Surgeon in the Nation operating on our precious eyes. Dr. Robert Rivera. He has preformed the most ICL surgeries in the country. He also teaches and trains other surgeons how to preform ICL surgery. We felt lucky to have him operate on us. The procedure went as perfect as it could be for me. It was quick and Painless. I was so glad. I could read the clock immediately after surgery! It was amazing! My recovery was great. I rested my eyes for 1 day, I was feeling a bit of sensory overload and my eyes were sensitive to light. By day 2, I was feeling AMAZING!!! I had perfect Vision. oh my goodness :) The Dr. checked my vision and I was seeing 20/15. Which is better than perfect. My vision has only gotten better.
Leonard's surgery was good, but his experience wasn't as amazing as mine. His recovery took longer than a day. The right eye was perfect, but left eye was inflamed and he had swelling that took a few days longer to heal. He says it was worth all the trouble, now that he is seeing better than perfect in both eyes!
Today I saw the Dr. for my 3 month follow up visit and things look perfect. In fact Leonard and I are both seeing 20/10!!! Can you believe it? Amazing results, almost Bionic Vision :) We love looking down the road when we drive and seeing miles of perfect circles on the stoplights signals. We love to see who can read far away street signs first. We can see all the tiny ridges in the distant mountain ranges. We can see all the many layers of big white puffy clouds. We can always see the clock in the middle of the night. We can swim and SEE!!! No contacts to worry about getting lost, scratched or torn. We wake up each day so thankful & happy for this wonderful gift of sight. It really is the best $ we have ever spent! We LOVE our Eagle Eyes and look forward to years of High Def vision.
To learn more check out this link...http://www.goodeyes.com/index.asp
We scheduled our surgeries. Mine was May 5th & Leonard was May 8th 2008. We both were blessed to have the #1 top Surgeon in the Nation operating on our precious eyes. Dr. Robert Rivera. He has preformed the most ICL surgeries in the country. He also teaches and trains other surgeons how to preform ICL surgery. We felt lucky to have him operate on us. The procedure went as perfect as it could be for me. It was quick and Painless. I was so glad. I could read the clock immediately after surgery! It was amazing! My recovery was great. I rested my eyes for 1 day, I was feeling a bit of sensory overload and my eyes were sensitive to light. By day 2, I was feeling AMAZING!!! I had perfect Vision. oh my goodness :) The Dr. checked my vision and I was seeing 20/15. Which is better than perfect. My vision has only gotten better.
Leonard's surgery was good, but his experience wasn't as amazing as mine. His recovery took longer than a day. The right eye was perfect, but left eye was inflamed and he had swelling that took a few days longer to heal. He says it was worth all the trouble, now that he is seeing better than perfect in both eyes!
Today I saw the Dr. for my 3 month follow up visit and things look perfect. In fact Leonard and I are both seeing 20/10!!! Can you believe it? Amazing results, almost Bionic Vision :) We love looking down the road when we drive and seeing miles of perfect circles on the stoplights signals. We love to see who can read far away street signs first. We can see all the tiny ridges in the distant mountain ranges. We can see all the many layers of big white puffy clouds. We can always see the clock in the middle of the night. We can swim and SEE!!! No contacts to worry about getting lost, scratched or torn. We wake up each day so thankful & happy for this wonderful gift of sight. It really is the best $ we have ever spent! We LOVE our Eagle Eyes and look forward to years of High Def vision.
To learn more check out this link...http://www.goodeyes.com/index.asp
but not anymore :)
The New and Improved L & L ...a.k.a. EAGLE EYES :) seeing 20/10!!! YAHOO!


2 comments:
So, this looks amazing and I am interested in having eagle eye's too! I will email you for some finer details.
Wow! So cool! Is it comparable to Lasik in price?
Post a Comment