Monday, July 28, 2008

Sweet is the Work

I was blessed to go to Girl's Camp with my stake back in May. Our theme was Sweet is the Work. The focus this year was on service. Many activities were planned to help the YW build and strengthen their testimonies in our Savior Jesus Christ. We want all the YW to know & believe that God loves them and knows them by name. He wants them to come unto Him. It was a wonderful camp this year! I serve in the stake Young Women's presidency as the 2nd Counselor and have had the great opportunity to help plan camp for the past 4 summers. This year I got to help with Decorations...my favorite.
This is our Background and our stage. Doesn't it scream SWEET??? It is so bright. I love it! I wish I could say I painted the amazing Candyland scene, but I did not. An AMAZING lady with many hidden talents painted this for the backdrop. Shaylene Amos is her name and I love her to pieces! But I did create the Letters...I cut out all the letters from big sheets of foam by hand with a steak knife. I used my favorite font...Loree Font :) I lost all feeling in my thumbs for a week. I was covered in static clinged tiny foam balls by the time I was done. I then spray painted the letters (which was very interesting cuz spray paint eats foam, but I got skillz :) and covered them in glitter! There is still glitter all over my back yard, but I like it, it sparkles:)
Since our theme had a candy twist, we had to have giant lolly pops in the YW value colors. I especially love the "cotton candy" filler in our pots. I spray painted a roll of quilt batting i had laying around. It was the perfect touch.
We had a marathon work night getting these made. When I start a project I don't stop til it is done and done WELL!!! We had fun though, didn't we ladies? :)
Here is my home ward! I love all these Gals! They are Parkwood's Retro Red Vines (each ward picked a candy to help with theme decor and make it extra fun!)
Stake Staff is the Best! We are the Team that pulled this camp together. I had the privilege to sit by Queen Frostine...We played a giant game of Candyland for one of our evening programs.
Loree and Leah Davis...my friend. She served as the Assistant Camp Director this year! It was SWEET!
And this is what happens to Leah and Loree when we we get BLINGED out in Character for our Skit night. The stake staff candy theme is the...PEEPS! it was so FUN. YO YO YO where my Peeps??
WHATZ UP JACKIE!!! I got your Back Peeps!
Blingity Bling Bling!
I know....we look scary! but kinda Sick right? Yo Dawg!
My favorite Cheer was...Don't you wish your leader was a Peep like me? Don't Cha?

Mormon, Mormon Rap, do the Mo Mo Mormon Rap....It was so SWEET!
The 3 SWEET Ladies in charge!
Annalee, Jenna ...the camp director, & Leah
I love these great ladies dearly. My YW presidency!! We can be a bit goofy, but what do you expect...we are at Girls camp! What happens at girls camp...stays at girls camp, unless I blog about it :) hee hee hee!
Katie-Pres, Eileen- 1st C, Ginger-Secretary, & Me 2nd C We can't wait for Next Year!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You rocked the Peep theme. And just about everything your golden hands touched. Great job this year and so fun.

TL said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love girls camp and all your pictures make me miss being in young women's! Although, I am the stake yw/women's sports director right now so during sports seasons I get to see all the yw in the stake and that's pretty fun!