Sunday, September 20, 2009

Here Comes the Bride...

Wow! Who is that Beautiful Bride???

This Dress looks VERY familiar!?! it is a bit wrinkly....

Well Looky here, It is my Beautiful daughter Kaitlyn in MY WEDDING DRESS. My girls have been begging and pleading for me to get out my wedding dress and veil for them to see for MONTHs and Even YEARS. So tonight I FINALLY made their wish come true. It was in a box in the top of my closet and has been there for almost 9 years never opened. Truthfully, I was scared to open the box fearing my dress was yellowed and ruined because I never did spend the money for it to get cleaned and pressed and packaged properly for years of storage. But tonight I decided ahhhh what the heck...we all held our breath as I cut open the tape on the box and there she was all folded up nicely in her little dressing bag. Sleeping peacefully for many years on the shelf. ( I bet my little dress was so happy to be free and even better someone was going to try her on and feel like the prettiest girl in town.)...I am pretty darn sure that is EXACTLY what my dress was thinking ;)

The girls squealed and giggled in delight. They oohed and aaahed and told me they can't wait to wear MY DRESS on their wedding day. It was pretty cute! I was tickled pink ;) When I saw my dress I fell back in love with it! I love it like I did when I put in on in the dress shop and my eyes lit up. THIS WAS THE PERFECT DRESS FOR ME!!! hmmmm MEMORIES!!!

Take a Look! Almost 13 years ago with the man of my Dreams! On the HAPPIEST day of my life! The Dress is AMAMZING!!! :)


It kinda freaks me out a bit because my Kaitlyn looks alot like me in this dress. WOW talk about Flashbacks :) I am NOT HAPPY about my girl growing up so fast and having her twirl around in my wedding dress isn't helping that fact. BUT she is BEAUTIFUL and I know before I blink my eyes she will be wearing a dress of her own (or mine if it she chooses ;) in really a few short years if you really think about it. YIKES!!!

TENDER!!! ;)

Looking just like a PRINCESS!

Ohhh, even trying on my RING to make it more official ;)


aaahh so sweet!

She melts my heart!

Carly was SOOO EXCITED for her turn to be a bride and she was a bit disappointed that it didn't fit? she is too funny. I told her - cutie pie you are 8! It is gonna be a few years before you will even get close to fitting into my dress. But you are still one GORGEOUS GAL!

Yes, she is standing and the dress is swallowing her up! It is too cute! She LOVE the ring too ;) who wouldn't ;) JK

Ohh La La, FANCY STUFF sister!

I think my dress is still Fabulous even after 13 years, Wrinkly and ALL! I would totally wear it again! Carly is like a little doll in it! LOVE IT!!!

Man oh man! She feels so pretty! The Dress is very Happy too :)

What a princess! DEFINITELY a Princess!

Sweet moments to remember!

She LOVED the Veil! Carly you melt my heart too!


I am so blessed to have such beautiful daughters. It was a fun night together, making new memories. I sure love these girls! They bring such joy to my life. Daughters are WONDERFUL! I can't wait to be there with them on their special day when they are married in the temple to a worthy Man who holds the priesthood someday...a LOOOONG time away! They are already making plans. They want to get married in the SLC temple! Sounds Great to me! but not til you are graduated from college and 25 ;) Your dad agrees with me :)
PS... I thought I heard my dress whimper when I put her back in the closet tonight :( oh how sad!

13 comments:

amberzito said...

You do have such beautiful daughter's. I'm sure that is a memory they will always treasure. I couldn't imagine how fun it would be to dress up at that age in my mother's wedding dress. =)

Leah said...

What fun! Looks like a super fun bonding night....your girls are so cute!

Heather said...

I remember wanting to wear my mom's dress too! I got to wear it for my Halloween costume one year. It obviously wasn't as fancy as yours! How fun to see your own daughters in your dress! Good idea.

Trac~ said...

Absolutely PRECIOUS! I still have my dress from 12 years ago and should pull it out for my daughter to play dress up in - although, as teeny-tiny as she is - it will swallow her whole too! Such cute pictures - and your dress is beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :O)

Johnny and Anny said...

oh, this post almost made me cry! Kaitlyn and Carly look so gorgeous in your dress!!

Rachel said...

that is too cute. What a great idea. They will never forget that

The McNeil Family said...

How special for you to make memories. They Ooo look so beautiful in your dress

Anonymous said...

omg I love those pics so funny to me, i love that they had the ring to go with it, cutie

Granny Z. said...

The are sooo beautiful, but it was frightening to think of them actually wearing a wedding gown! As long as they know this is just for fun and don't get in a hurry you should be fine.

The Cole's said...

Holy Smokes. . . your girls are getting so big! The dress almost fits Kaitlyn! Crazy thing, I was about kaitlyn's age when you guys got married. Time flies!

Stacy said...

I love it when my girls ask me to pull out my dress. My veil is nowhere to be found, but I guess after moving about 15 times in 18 years, that was bound to happen since they weren't together. I think our veils were very similar, in fact, I had to look twice. You have good taste in veils...or I do.

Amy Jo said...

I loved trying on my mom's dress when I was a kid. She was much smaller than I turned out to be as an adult, so I didn't even consider it for my own wedding.

It hasn't crossed my mind until now that my girls will one day want to try my dress on. Oh happy day! That will be so fun! I can't believe how "well" the dress fits your girls. Looks like they had a great time!

Jessica said...

Cute, cute, cute!! That is all I have to say. What a special time you and your girls had together. You are a great mom!