Saturday, September 5, 2009

Rainy Day Adventures

It is 5 am & my alarm is singing to me...( I get to wake up to Jack Johnson singing me some tunes on my iphone :) it is AWESOME!) Anyhow, I am up and ready for my LONG bike ride this morning. I was planning on a 3 hour ride this morning. I am training for another Century and a half ride in October...more to come about that :) My ride this morning was gonna be SOLO since my Lenny is in Montana on a camping/hiking trip. I don't mind solo rides they are great for the mind :) So it is dark when I head out for my ride. It kinda looks cloudy, but I can't tell...it is dark. I have my cool pink shades in my back pocket since I can't see anything in the dark with them on. I say my prayer as I head out for safety and protection....A girl can get all the help she can get :) I can tell it is gonna be a great ride and I AM PUMPED.
I head out and I feel a little drop of rain. but just a tiny drop. I smile and think, this is gonna be great!~ I am not even a mile down the road and the little tiny drops are getting a little more consistant and a little heavier. NO BIG DEAL! A little sprinkle will make my ride nice and cool....aaaahhhh gonna be a great ride after all :) Onward I pedal. Then I start to hear the thunder crack.... then HUGE FLASHES of LIGHTNING. I hurry down the road to beat the storm right? Ya SURE :) The rain started to pick up and I am getting many many rain drops in my eyes. You know it is hard to see with raindrops pelting your eyeballs? I made it 3.5 miles and then The HUGEST CRACK of THUNDER & LIGHTNING directly over my head. It SHOUTED to me LOUD AND CLEAR to me it is time to turn around and head home. So I did just that. I WANT TO LIVE :) and it was hard to see.



Well boy oh boy! Things got fun real fast. The storm I was trying to beat was in full force as I was riding home. It was funny! I laughed and wished Leonard was here with me so we could laugh together in this crazy rain storm together. The roads are pretty much flooded now and I am drenched from head to toe. I put on my cool pink shades to keep the rain from my eyes. I rode the 3.5 miles back home in the POURING RAIN and it was actually pretty fun. I have never experienced that before. Everyone loves FIRSTS right? It was an ADVENTURE for me and I loved it. Although I would love to have got my 3 hours of training in this morning. 30 minutes will do and I will hit the gym later to make it up. I did burn 222 calories. not too shabby :)
Once I got home SAFE & SOUND & SOAKED I pulled out my camera to document this great morning rainstorm.

See it is still pretty dark.

The streets are filling up FAST with water!


I turned on my Night shot setting on my camera to lighten things up a bit. The rain is coming down hard and fast!



This is me SAD.... I wanted to ride my bike for a long time this morning and the RAIN has FOILED my plans! RATS!!!! PS... i am soaked but you really can't tell. :)



But don't get me wrong... I LOVE the RAIN! I just don't want to ride in it. call me a wimp! :) but on second thought...DON'T ;)



But I am HAPPY it is raining too. We NEED it here in AZ!!! But couldn't it wait till 8am before it began? Come on now, that isn't too much to ask is it??? Gotta Love my early morning rainy day adventure!

12 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

Well, I'm glad you made it home safe! You are seriously such an inspiration to me, Loree!

Ella A. said...

Sounds like a fun little adventure! And I love your flower hats. . . they remind me of those old fashioned bathing caps that I love. :)

Anonymous said...

You look great for 5 am and drinched!!! That was a nasty storm, I was snuggled in bed enjoying though...glad you actually got to SEE it!

melissa said...

Wow, that's cool! I miss those desert monsoons! There's just nothing quite like it. Glad you made it home before things got worse.

Leah said...

That 1st picture you look like Carly! So glad you are home safe...it woke me up this morning! Crazy!

Rachel said...

that it too funny. I have been caught in many a rain storm in my day, running. Let me tell ya....not as much fun or funny as ridding a bike. You cant get home as fast:)

April said...

Uh, a RAIN storm in the AZ desert?! What are the chances it would happen right after you left the house. lol

Rasheta Family said...

I love your hair flowers! haha. Thanks for bringing Kaitlyn to the party, Robyn used her tote today. You talented girl, you!!

Alyssa and Nate said...

HARD AND FAST! not that I was there but I seem to remember this was a theme for a girls night out in highschool?! never good to tempt lightning. glad you listened to that warning. it was a very nice day though

Rachel M said...

3 hour bike ride?? I can't remember the last time I did any form of exercise for that long! You go Loree!! And I love a good rainstorm too! Especially in AZ:)

Johnny and Anny said...

Sounds like things are cooling down a little bit on your side of the woods. I'm glad you're still alive, and that you didn't become a human lightbulb!

I'm so proud of you!! Another bike race sounds amazing, and soon you'll have your Leonard there to train with you! love ya!

The McNeil Family said...

I loved the Rain.. sorry it ruined your plans