Sunday, September 13, 2009

Laura's 40th B-day Bash

I sure love my friend Laura! Yesterday, Saturday Sept 12. my good friend turned 40!!! A few friends got together to celebrate this special day with her. Don't you just LOVE her Glamour Glasses? They look Smashing ;)

She decided to open presents in the car on our drive to Scottsdale. I could have gotten better pics IF she had waited ;) but Presents are so FUN - it is hard to wait. Her good friend Kathy ( don't know if it is spelled with a C?) gave Laura an AWESOME Camelbak backpack! I didn't get pics cuz I was using Christy's camera at the moment. Then I remembered I had mine and switched out...anyhow back to presents...Christy gave her this CUTE Fall decor sign and some yummy candles and I was excited for Laura to open the present I gave her. She looks excited....It's a SCRIPTURE TOTE!!! Made especially for my Bold, Bright, Beautiful, & Happy Friend. Happy Birthday Laura!

*L-R: Angi, Laura, ME, Christy, Kathy & D A (Laura's AMAZING Mom)
Girls night out at Oregano's for some delicious food :) and we got right in on a Saturday Night. Lucky Us! We sat outdoors on the patio. It was a pretty warm night but the restaurant cooled us down with some AC fan or swamp coolers thing blowing FULL BLAST. Our hair was all wind blown after our meal. Can you see our hair whisping around :) It was WILD ;)
After dinner we went to Theater 168 where the BEST Improv Comedy Troupe performs....The Jester'z. Check them out HERE. Clean & Hilarious!!! Better than seeing a movie I think. We laughed and smiled till our cheeks hurt (on our face)...although my cheeks that you sit on were a bit sore from my 50 miler bike ride that morning :) I'm in training :) can't wait to tell you more!


My beautiful friend Laura!


Awwww! Friends Forever :) it sounds very teeny-bopperish but it is true. I knew when I met Laura, she was one of those special people that you connect with and will be a forever friend. We met about 8 years ago. She moved into my ward and then we served in Relief Society together. We became close and then our ward split and it was devastating for me. What was I gonna do without my Laura? Through the years of being in different wards and the craziness of life, whenever we get together, we pick up right where we left off. That my friends is what you call a FOREVER FRIEND. I feel so blessed to have her in my life and I look forward to the many years to come having her in my life. I sure love ya Laura! Thanks for being my friend :)

2 comments:

Leah said...

What fun! Laura is a great friend...looks like fun!

Rachel M said...

Happy Birthday Laura (tell her I said so:)! She is a fabulous 40! You can tell her I said that too!