Tuesday, September 15, 2009

R.I.P My Favorite Tool!

It was bound to happen! My faithful and FAVORITE crafting tool has officially BIT the DUST. It was dying and yesterday while making my latest scripture tote. It finally quit on me :( it was quite sad. My Favorite Tool has been with me through 100's of projects. We have been best crafting buddies for almost 13 years.

My goopy glue gun finally melted it's casing and the inside of the gun fell out while I was using it. Luckily, I wasn't burned BUT I had to put my project on hold. IT WAS DEVASTATING!!! ;)

Ever wonder what the inside of a glue gun looks like??? well go ahead and look why don't ya! Looks to me as if I had a MAJOR FIRE HAZARD on my hands. I was probably minutes away from burning the whole house down. YIKES :) I guess I am glad it died when it did. hmmph!

Here I am in MOURNING for my Favorite Crafting Tool! My Buddy, My Pal. You will be missed GREATLY!


Don't worry little gal! I won't throw you out or your goopy pie pan. I will keep you and admire all the memories we had together. I am sad we won't be creating anymore together. R.I.P little buddy! There is only one thing to do now....


REPLACE you right away with a New, Shiny and Clean one. I will even start making a new goopy pie pan for you MY NEW FAVORITE CRAFTING TOOL! :) HOORAY!!!!!

Happy day!!!! Oh Boy Oh Joy!!!! I couldn't even last 1 day without you my new favorite buddy! What would I do without you??? ;)


See how pretty! Now let's get CRAFTING!!! I have lots to make!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!

14 comments:

melissa said...

This was the funniest post EVER! And such hilarious pictures. Jake and I read this one together and both kept laughing right out loud. RIP little old glue gun. Welcome to the family new glue gun.

amberzito said...

Haha, so sorry to hear about your loss. You have my sincere reguards =)

Blaylock said...

I feel the same way about my hair dryer. It is about to die and I've had that thing since high school. Just the other day I was thinking of doing a blog about it just like you did for your glue gun. Funny how we grow attached to things like that.

Cluff Family said...

Funny stuff, Loree! How did those pioneer women live their lives without glue guns?

The McNeil Family said...

sorry to hear of your lose.Good to hear that you got a replacement. Glue guns are lifesavers.

Heather said...

You are a HOOT!

Johnny and Anny said...

I was actually rather saddened at the news of your loss (I've heard great things about your favorite tool!). Well, I guess out with the old and in with the new...rock on with your new favorite tool and glue gun! love ya.

Mrs.EBG said...

You crack me up! Glad you didn't burn your house down!!

Jan said...

I hope you don't mind me leaving a post. I ran across your Super Duper Craft Saturday post from last year. Is there anyway you could give me direction on the temple picture you did? Thanks for your help. -Jan poulsenj@hotmail.com

The Cole's said...

Oh my gosh Loree! I am so sorry about your loss. Losing a best friend. . .what a difficult day that must of been. Surely the R.S. brought you a few meals right?

Rachel M said...

Seriously I don't actually know how you would live without a glue gun!! Not the craft-making, project-doing, wreath-creating lady I know! It has served you well. 13 years and who know how many thousands of projects! Seriously. Thousands.

Snyder Family said...

That is so funny!
I don't have the directions/ supply sheet right off hand but I am sure I could find one and get it to you.
There is a special place to get the wood and pictures too so I will see if I can track them down also. =)

Monica said...

Congrats on being featured on the creative crate!!! That is awesome!! I saw the totes and thought "I know whose these are!! Sure enough, LOREE originals!!" WAy to go crafty momma!

Jessica said...

What a sad day for you and your glue gun, but look at the pretty new one that you have and I love the shiny new pie pan! Happy crafting!