Sunday, November 21, 2010

We Might Have Ourselves a LEFTY

Blake is learning so much in Preschool this year.

 This was a momentous evening for us all. Blake wrote his name for the First Time all by himself for us.

 Wow Blake! Good Job Buddy :)

 He concentrates very hard. 
He uses his LEFT hand every time too. We have asked him to practice writing his name several times since just to be sure. We have noticed that he colors with his left hand also. I will put the pencil into his right hand and he always switches it back. My mom is a Lefty, so I guess we will see if it sticks.

 He is so excited that he did it! 
He just told me that  he "likes it, likes it, likes it, likes it to draw my name all by myself all day....and then I am done."
I can't believe this handsome 4 1/2 year old will be gone to Kindergarten every day next year. :(
Blake we are so proud of you!

3 comments:

April said...

Awww, he is so proud! That's awesome.

And don't talk about kindergarten next year! :( I'm not sure how my heart is going to handle sending one of my babies to kindergarten 3 years in a row. Ashlyn next year and Brenna the next. Yikes.

melissa said...

So cute. He is getting so big! That's cool that he might be a lefty. For a long time it looked like Janie might be a lefty. (Your mom was actually the first one to point it out to me.) Turns out she is ambidextrous. She doesn't favor either side and writes, draws, and eats with both hands equally.

Stacy said...

Lefties are so creative. My Katy is a lefty and that is how I would describe her. Anny may be a lefty out of sheer necessity, but sometimes she uses her right hand with the crayons, we'll see. He's getting so big.