I Love this time of year! Arizona finally has a chill in the air and for that I am thankful! I 'm also thankful for pretty things! They make me smile and adds beauty and a festive feel to our home especially around the holidays. I did decorate for this Thanksgiving season, and since it is just a day away, I thought I would post my latest Fall Decor for you all ;) before the Zito's halls get decked out with Christmas decor!!! ooooh I can't wait... I have my Christmas music all ready to go and the tree is calling my name! just a couple more days :)
But first.... enjoy the Fall Display ;)
A week ago or so I finally decided on what to do about making valances for my kitchen and family room.
This is what I came up with. One day of work and Voila!!
Really easy.... my favorite secret to share is that it was all glued with fabric glue...shhhhh! don't tell a soul ;)
Curtain rods - from Hobby Lobby
Ring Clips - from Jo-Ann Fabrics
Fabric - left over from my bedroom valance material. It goes perfect in my kitchen too
Trim - from Hobby Lobby
I think they turned out mighty fine! Lenny was wonderful and helped me put up the rods late one night. I sure love that man!
A view of all 3.... me likey ;)
Before the valances were done, hey even before the cabinets were painted. I got itching to repaint my kitchen lighting fixture. It was pewter and I gave it a little Spray Painting TLC makeover and I am IN LOVE!!! We even bought a ceiling hook and more chain to finally hang it center over the kitchen table. it only took 10 years ;) I also found the black crystals charms at Hobby Lobby in the clearance section. The best part is that the "charms" are magnetic! but don't tell the kids ;) Pretty Fancy hu?

Here are the other 2 hanging light fixtures in my front room in their original condition. Not Bad! but I want a change and dark metal is what i am looking for today. I begged my dad and Leonard to climb a 25 ft ladder and try not to break their necks and take them down so I can work my magic. They were both so kind and off to work I went.
The garage is my work space for the day. Gotta LOVE spray paint with a CAPITAL L!
I sweet talked Leonard into reinstalling the new and improved light fixtures that same evening! I don't mess around when it come to projects! I get'em done!!!
Those tall wobbly ladders make my heart stop. But thankfully, we did it and nobody got injured. PHEW!!! I love them, what do you think? I think they make my front room look warmer ;)
Those tall wobbly ladders make my heart stop. But thankfully, we did it and nobody got injured. PHEW!!! I love them, what do you think? I think they make my front room look warmer ;)
I've been itching to replace my honey maple kitchen table and chairs, but I just can't justify it yet ;) so to give our chairs a comfy new look, I found these CUTE chair cushions at Home Goods. My family's bums thank me for this purchase :) every time we sit down at the table you hear sighs of relief and shouts for joy! We like a soft place to rest our hineys ;)
I bought this wreath and wreath stand in Utah this summer with Lisa and I have wanted to display it when it can get noticed. I thought about getting some trunks to set it on next to the entertainment center . Lucky for me, I was at ROSS and I found these cool Zebra trunks. The Pic on the left shows u how bright white they were. Kinda clashes with the cream berries. So I rubbed down the trunks with a bit of wood stain and it warmed them up a bit. A little more creamy... just what I wanted. I am tempted to warm them up a little more??? hmmmmm
I think the cream goes well with the new rug I found too :)
PS...too bad I didn't have the trunks for Kaitlyn's b-day party! Would have matched perfectly!
Here is the old rug.... and lots of cute girls :) My good old Plaid country rug! I have had it for 10 years and it has really held up pretty darn good. It has gotten in a few fights with my vacuum but has limped along for enough years to wear out it's welcome. I was ready to retire it and move on to something a little more non-country ;)
Here she is.... the replacement!
LOVE IT!!!
I found her ON SALE...clearance might I add... at Home Fabrics!
It ties in with my new entertainment center and the gold and black in the valances. I just couldn't be more thrilled! It is soft as can be and the kids love to lay on it, relax and watch a movie! This room is feeling more and more complete :) hooray!
Last but not least, I have played with some ideas for decor on top of my kitchen cabinets and so far I am digging it :) nothing like decorating from your own home. I complied all this stuff from other "homes" in my house. I still need to put photo's or quotes in the picture frames...but you get the idea :)
Ps..... I am still deeply in love with my kitchen cabinets... I am also happy with leaving the counter tops plum :)
My next project on the docket is finishing a GORGEOUS Tin Shelf I was lucky enough to get my hands on....stay tuned!
Well, I all hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Thanks for stopping by and taking the tour of some of my lovelies :)
















1 comment:
I could be entertained ALL day by reading your posts!! Seriously, you crack me up and I love it...and your new hiney-saving chair covers look awesome. I've been secretly wanting to makeover some of my light fixtures too, but I would be shocked if it happened anytime soon:). I agree, the littlest touches like new valances (which I LOVE by the way), a little spray paint, some changed up decor and rugs makes a HUGE difference.
You are the diva of home decor and home projects...real-estate value would be thru the roof had I your mad skills. Love you guys and happy, happy thanksgiving!
Post a Comment