Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our New Years Hike

On New Years Day we headed out for another family hike in good old Arizona! The weather was a cool and dry 70 degrees. You can't beat that ;) We were enjoying some memory making times together this new year!
Man I love these people!We love hiking! We couldn't believe our eyes when we saw running water in the desert. it is always dry as a bone out here.
In fact this little "creek" collected into this little pool! it was pretty cool! We are easily amused :)
The girls found these cool heart shaped rocks.
What a fun souvenir!
Blake loved the "creek". He was having a ball picking up rocks and tossing them to make a big splash.
SPLASH!!! This one got me too and the camera! oops :)
Our little monkey's saw this "Wicked Awesome" rock and had to climb it!
We enjoyed the great outdoors together this day and look forward to many adventures to come in 2009!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

How fun! What a great memory for the whole family. I love the heart shaped rocks that your girls found. What are the chances of that! Blake is as cute as ever throwing rocks! Fun-Fun-Fun!!

April said...

Those are some really great pictures. I'm envious of your sunny, outdoor-friendly weather!

Anonymous said...

That looks so fun! I miss hikes. We don't get to go often at all. I love the girls water bottle bags/hiking bags. I'm guessing you made those?? I usually end up with a backback full of everyone's stuff and carrying the darn thing myself. Next time, I think INDIVIDUAL bags!