Thursday, January 29, 2009

Conversations with Blake

Well if you ever get the chance to visit with Blake. Your conversation will involve 4 of the following topics...
1. Blake will talk about the GARAGE...this kid is obsessed with the garage and I don't know why. It is pretty humorous. He talks about opening the garage, closing the garage. Garage this. Garage that. Garage Garage Garage! Maybe he likes it so much cuz he can say it well?!
2. Blake loves to talk about his shirt. He puts his hands on it and usually says..." my new shirt" he likes to tell us what color his shirt is, even though he just says the color he likes at the moment. Blake and his SHIRT conversation is a popular topic mostly with strangers at the grocery store and visitors who knock on our door. He cracks us up. But he does love his Shirts ...new or old... he loves them and he can't wait to tell you about it :)
3. His BLUE BLANKIE...Blake is IN LOVE with his "BLUE BLANKIE" he adoringly calls it. He loves to haul it around all day. He is definitely attached. I have posted about his blankie in other posts but the Love is still going strong with the BLUE BLANKIE. He loves to tell you about it and wants you to cuddle up with it and love it like he does. He even gives you permission to bite it. He loves biting his blanket. It has many holes it in but it is still TRUE and BLUE and loving Blakey boy back.
4. Blake is ALWAYS talking about TRUCKS!!! He LOVES this Yellow Truck he got from Santa and he loves to talk to you about his truck. And he still loves to talk about his dad's truck too. We have many conversations about trucks all day. It is great! Trucks this, Trucks that...TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS! I love this boy!
He loads this truck up will all kinds of goodies and pushes it all over the house and backyard. If you aren't careful he will chase you around the house with it. He has run us all over a few times and it hurts. but He is always quick to say he is sorry and will kiss your aching heels.
I sure love this almost 3 year old Blakey Boy! He talks my ear off all day. He is learning more words everyday and practices them ALL DAY LONG!!!! He still is fluent in Blankenese. But is catching on to English more and more. HOORAY!

5 comments:

Leah said...

That little guy cracks me up! I would just giggle all day long...I love 3 toddler language!

Crissie said...

So cute! Aren't little boys the best? I love them!

Anonymous said...

AHH I love Blakey and I have had all those convos with him my self!

Jessica said...

Oh, cute Blake! These pictures and stories are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

The Cole's said...

I have conversations like this all day long with Brandon. Half the time I have no idea what he's saying. The other day he said something I didn't understand so I just nodded my head and said. . . "oh really?" He stopped and looked at me and said "mama, what did I just say?". . . OOPS! He caught me!