Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Loree's Century Ride...coming up!

Yes, It is official Leonard & I are registered to ride our 1st Century Ride...100 miles on March 28, 2009. We are both excited and nervous. I hope I can do it. We have a lot of training to do. I am excited to help raise $ for Multiple Sclerosis research and programs to help those suffering with this disease. I need your help my FABULOUS FAMILY and FRIENDS! I need to earn $250 and so does Leonard. I have many friends and if 25 of you would make a small 10$ donation, my goal can be reached easily! or even 50 friends giving $5 a pop! or hey some really nice person feeling generous one big whopping donation of $250 ;) you get what I am saying!!! Pretty PLEASE! I really don't like begging. But I will if I must ;)
Here is the official letter and the link to my donation page is there too....

Dear Friends and Family,
I am planning to be a part of the Bike MS: Round Up Ride 2009 and I am asking you to join me in moving towards a cure for multiple sclerosis by making a contribution to support my effort.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is dedicated to ending the devastating effects of MS. They simultaneously fund research for a cure while also helping people who currently live with MS lead more fulfilling lives. I believe in the work they do, and I invite you to see for yourself all the good they've done for the MS community. More than 400,000 Americans live with MS, and your support can and will make changes in their lives.

Please help by making a donation - large or small - to fight MS. Or, why not join me on the day of the event as a cyclist or volunteer? Become a participant and side by side, as teammates, we can work together to raise the funds to make a difference.
Whatever you can give will help! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Sincerely, Loree Zito

Click here to get to my personal page and make a secure online donation or call the National MS Society, Arizona Chapter at 480-968-2488, option 2, to make a donation by credit card over the phone.To mail a donation: Make all checks payable to the National MS Society, Arizona Chapter and mail to NMSS, 315 S. 48th Street, Suite 101; Tempe, AZ 85281. Make sure to include a note with my name stating the donation is for Bike MS!

Here is my baby! We will be spending a lot of time together in the next month! I hope we are still friends after March 28th :) I hope I can keep a happy face while being on my bike 6-8 hours on ride day! keep your fingers crossed for me! Thanks so much for your support and help! Love you all :) You'll be hearing more from me soon ;)

10 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

Loree what an inspiration you are! I think it's so neat doing things like this! I'm sure you will do great! Let us know how it goes!!

Kristina said...

I'm going to try and volunteer for this! I can't wait to hand you a cup of water as you blaze past!

Leah said...

WHOO HOO! Can I just give you some money instead of doing the whole online thing? I am proud of you!!

Blaylock said...

Way to go Loree!! I second the question: "Can't I just give you the money and not worry about the hoops to jump through to donate?" Good luck with the training!

Loree said...

YES friends! if you'd like to give me cash or check. i'll put in towards this ride! THANKS SO MUCH for your support!

Rachel said...

I wanna give you money$$$. I will mail it to. Hope that's ok. Good luck. I love things like this. You will do great. Ill pray for you buns though!!!!

The Cole's said...

Go Loree! I made a donation on your site the other night. . . MS is such a horrible disease! You're an inspiration. . . go girl!

Granny Z. said...

Whew - I figured out the donation thing, pretty good for an old lady, huh! I wish you luck. The girls up North and I are doing a fun run in May. I really need to work too. Hopefully lose a few more pounds!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I still think If I were you - I would totally die. But you are in the zone and you're totally my hero!! I will donate for you too!

amberzito said...

That is so awesome you are doing this! My grandmother has had MS for over 30 years and I it's great there are people like you out there to fund research for this disease! Go for it!