We were lucky enough to spend a beautiful afternoon at the Phoenix Zoo on President's Day. No school for the kids and no work for Leonard. So we got to spend some good quality time together. We decided to buy a Zoo Membership so we can come back and visit more often. The kids are excited and I am excited that we don't have to stay all day long to feel like we got our money's worth. Happy day!
Our happy kiddo's starting our afternoon checking out the African Savanna.
Blake loved checking out the giraffes.
These giraffe's showed up for their picture right in the nick of time. We were on our way down the trail and here these 2 long necks show up. Love those crazy animals!
The zebras were hungry and we wished they would come closer but since Leonard is "allergic" ;) to zebras the distance was OK! Just ask Leonard he has a full on sneezing attack every time we are around Zebras. It is a CRAZY Allergy! and his girls worry about their dad:)
Next we checked out these pretty pink birds the Flamingos. Blake didn't want to look at me in this pic. The flamingos were too cool for me :)
I love Team Zito!
What the Heck is this creature? Do you recognize this behind? It's Rainbow Bum!!!:)
It's a Mandrill. A relative of the Baboon family. This handsome guy was staring us down.
Blake really liked Rainbow Bum!
The kids hopped aboard this cool Oryx. They though it was pretty fun!
Here is the proof I was here too. We spent some time checking out the Bighorn Sheep. They have these telescopes you can look at them and we were surprised to spot many sheep that were camouflage in the rocks. We had a great time together and look forward to going again hopefully soon. We have many more animals to see!
9 comments:
Wahoo, I feel privileged to be the first one to leave a message! Leonard's weird...allergic to zebras (or is this some strange paranoia?)! Love all the pictures, and Johnathan is jealous of Leonard's shirt. Give the kids a big hug, they're so cute as usual!
P.S.
rainbow bum was cool.
I don't think you could have odered more perfect zoo weather. Nice rainbow bum. :)
Perfect time for the zoo!! Giraffes are my favorite! Allergic to zebras?? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard! Better zebras than dogs I guess. :)
The kids look like they were really enjoying themselves. You guys are such good parents. :)
Looks like tons of fun! We love going to the zoo and it looks like you guys do too! Your kids are super cute and lucky to have such fabulous weather!
It looks like fun, I haven't been in the zoo forever.
Yay for Zoo passes, now we have friends to go with!! Call me anytime! Dont you just love the zoo, especially when the weather is great! Poor Leonard, good to see he survived the Zebras...I hear Zebra allergies can be down right fatal!! Good thing he had his sweet girls taking care of him! Looks like ya'll had a blast!
WE love the zoo....you will have to make your way over to the petting zoo next time...Blake will love it!
Allergic to zebras, huh. I guess that means you can't move to Afica and no pet zebras in the back yard. I wonder if it is like the celery thing when he was little. Everyone else had things they didn't like, but he liked everything. So, not wanting to give up something yummy he chose celery to hate!
Post a Comment