Sunday, February 15, 2009

Don's Camp Field Trip

On Friday the 13th, I was lucky enough to be a chaperon for Kaitlyn's 4th grade Field Trip to Don's Camp. We were at the base of the Superstitions Mountains where this cool "camp" is set up where the kids learn about early AZ civilization. It was a beautiful day and fun to spend time with Kaitlyn.
Our first class was "ROCK ART" we learned about the AZ Native Americans and their culture.
The kids got to paint their own pottery too.
This Team Zito...well the kids in my group.
Our next class was "RANCHING." This cowboy taught us about all the gear the cowboys use and why. We learned about branding and then our favorite was learning how to Rope.
Kaitlyn was trying hard. It is harder than you think!
Awwww! My Cute little Cowgirl! YEE-HAW!
Next we had lunch break. Hot Dogs and Chips! YUM! This was our lunchtime entertainment. Meeting Smokey the Bear. We learned about hiking safety and keeping the outdoors trash free.
Our last class was the best class. "GOLD PANNING" It was neat learning about how to pan for gold. We even got to try it for our self. It was awesome. there is definitely an art to panning. Kaitlyn and I both got a few specs of gold from our pan and a few pieces of fool's gold. I would have more panning pics but the battery died in my camera. :( It was a good field trip.
I LOVE AZ!

2 comments:

Johnny and Anny said...

I'm so jealous that you got to go on a field trip (not to mention a little bit of gold panning!). I hear you've been kicking butt biking...very cool. Love you guys, and miss all of you and your cute kids!

Granny Z. said...

I remember the days when I got to go on field trips - it was always fun - I think I learned as much as the kids. Lucky for you to have the time to go. I hope to be blogging again next week when my new computer arrives!! Thanks Leonard!