Blake's Preschool class got to tour the Fire Station last week. He has been sooo excited about it and has been talking about it non-stop! I got to come along and it was very interesting! I learned a lot and I am so greatful for these brave men & women who help us in emergencies!

This is fireman Dan! He is telling all the kiddos about the gear on the firetruck. Blake is very attentive!
I sure love this pic :)

There are lots of cool and helpful gadgets and tools aboard firetrucks. When fireman Dan would ask a question, Blake would reply YEP and jibber jabber some kind of answer. I think Fireman Dan has not visited with very many 3 year olds :) hee hee

Fireman Dan then showed the kids his fire suit and told all the kids to not be afraid of him. They were all pretty much scared, especially when he put on his air mask and sounded like Darth Vader. Blake was kinda brave and finally gave him a hi-five. :)
Thanks for the great tour Fireman Dan :)

They are all so tiny next to the BIG Fire Truck! It sure was a fun field trip! Thanks Miss Katie for making the arrangements and being an AWESOME Pre-School Teacher! Blake loves you soooo much and he is learning like crazy! :)



4 comments:
How fun! I remember taking a field trip to the fire station when I was a little kid. I keep thinking Jake and I ought to take the kids to visit Chad Kramer at work sometime. We were visiting them a couple weeks ago when Chad had brought all his turnouts (fire gear) home and he got all dressed up for the kids. They thought it was pretty great.
What a treat for you and Blake, both!
Little boys and firemen - they just go together some how. Maybe that would make a more acceptable costume for halloween next year!
What a fun field trip! When did Blake get old enough to be a preschooler? I cannot believe how fast time goes. Too fun!
Post a Comment