Friday, November 20, 2009

UP Up and AWAY!!!!

After Kaitlyn's ROCKIN birthday party, Blake took possession of ALL the dozen balloons I got for her party. It has been the funnest "toy" a boy could have. We got the movie UP and it is Blake's ABSOLUTE FAVORITE movie for the moment. He wants to watch it over and over and he especially loves having his own balloons to pretend with while watching his new favorite.
He is very very protective over his new lot of balloons. He has learned the hard way about how easily they float away when you bring a balloon outside. On Kaitlyn's birthday my mom brought over a gift and a balloon to her and Blake was immediately in love with her shiny balloon. The next day he had it in his hand running all over the house with it for hours. I went into the garage to do a little cleaning and Blake followed me out with it. He started to run around the front yard with it and it slipped out of his fingers. He panicked and ran to me to get his balloon. But it was too late. :( He was soooo sad. He kept saying he was sorry and wanted me to hurry and get an airplane so we can fly up in the sky and save it. It was a cute and sad little conversation. He really was heart broken. We watched it float away for a while as he cried. I think he knew Kaitlyn might be sad he lost her balloon. I almost went out to get her a replacement. When she got home from school and I told her what happened. She was a little frustrated that her balloon was gone but then her little heart softened when I told her what he said and how sad and concerned he was about it. She then let it go and all was well. I sure love big kids ;) Blake was more than thrilled to see the bundle of balloons I got for the party. He has played with them everyday since and all day long too! NO JOKE!


This was taken today :) We have 8 balloons still alive and a some just barely floating. There were a couple ceiling fan incidents....he lost 4 of his precious balloons. The ceiling fan won. And he Cried! I don't know what he will do when they all lose their air??? We shall see. If Blake gets worried about his balloons, he puts them in the laundry room and closes the door. They are safe and sound in there. He won't dare bring them outside! I ask him if we should let some float away and he looks at me as if I wanted to chop off one of his arms or something like it. oh Blakey Boy!!!


He loves to attach/tie his balloon to anything and everything. He made this house with his blocks and hopes they will help the house fly like in the movie UP. He is happy as can be pretending that they do make the house fly. I love your imagination Blake!

2 comments:

The Cole's said...

My kids love this movie too! Blake is so cute- what an imagination!

Granny Z. said...

What a cute and tender little boy and what an imagination! I love the grin on his face in the last photo - oh the joy of balloons!