Well the "MakeOver" all began back in January. You see Leonard & I were sleeping on an OLD worn out 10 year old queen mattress and every day I would wake up with major back pain cuz of good old faithful A.K.A. - Our hammock - which looks like a bed. This poor mattress has needed to be replaced well over a year ago, but I was trying to hold out as long as possible cuz a new bed meant - new room...bedding, decor...you get what i am getting at. I was trying to be kind as save my poor hubby some $$$. But the time finally came Leonard was tired of me whining and complaining of my back pain and we started bed shopping. We fell in LOVE with a King Size Tempurpedic Mattress. WE HAD TO HAVE IT! So in January Loree became a very happy sleeper again! HOORAY FOR ME!!! Let me tell you I feel like I have an Acre to sleep on now compared to our tiny queen size bed. I really like the space but Leonard says he misses me. And that I am too far away. Sorry :) But I do Sleep REALLY GOOD! It is a pricey mattress, but it is worth every penny to wake up rested. SOOOOO, getting a new bed means new bedding and all the fixings! YAHOO FOR ME!!! So shopping, searching and buying and returning and creating I have been and I have loved every minute. If you know me, I LOVE a good project! I am sooo thankful to my great friends and all their wonderful opinions and help. I needed it :) Now on to the TRANSFORMATION...oh by the way click HERE to see a few before shots of my room. I had a blog post about it a few months ago.
My FAVORITE part of our room is This GORGEOUS Bed!!! I love it like crazy. I wanted to have a elegant and Black headboard. When I saw this piece at Ashley Furniture. I knew this was the ONE. It took almost 2 months for it to be shipped to me. It was hard to be patient, but worth the wait. I was only going to order the headboard, but my mom talked me into getting the whole SHABANG, so I did and I am so glad. While I waited for the Headboard to arrive, I searched for the perfect bedding that would suite this furniture, my taste & a bedding that would go well with my red walls, since i didn;t want to repaint. Leonard is very very happy about this decision too :)
I love the bedding and I got the pillows at Kirkland's, Ross, & Burlington Coat Factory. They look like they were made for the bed. I think more the pillow the better :)
Here is detail on the headboard after moving all those lovely pillows! Ohhh, I just love it!
More details, I love curly swirly shapes. Definitely my style!
Foot board details. What a mistake it would have been not ordering the foot board.
Close up of the bedding. Black, with golds, reds, greens. So Rich and Elegant...also my style!
Have I motioned that I LOVE HOBBY LOBBY???? Lucky for me there is one right around the corner where I live and boy that place puts a SMILE on my face :) I found the Wall Pics at Hobby Lobby to go over my bed. Now there is a story about the wall above my bed too. You want to know it don;t you? well behind the Key pics you see are big ugly dumb holes in the wall where we put up light fixtures/sconces when we first moved it and ever since I decided I did not want wall lights on my walls, I have had 2 big holes to cover up... see the sconces in the before pics up top. So now with the new room, I still have the same HOLEY problem and trying to find something I like to cover it up has been a frustrating decorating problem to have. Well, Problem solved. I love this collection on pics and I think it compliments the wall and bed and room quite nicely!
The center pic, the main focus painting I love and looks like it was painted just for this bedding perfectly. It has all the same colors and style! I got lucky here. I have been to Hobby Lobby TOO MANY times and never saw the ONE and this one evening I happened to run across it and then I went CRAZY and bought half the store to figure out what would would go with it. SUCCESS!
I especially LOVE the Chair pics! different and fancy like I like it :)
This is the view entering my room.
This Black Scrolly thing was the first item I bought for my room and wanted to find it a home! I love it here!
Looking up at the updated plant shelf. Check our the before shots on the link at the top. anyway I couldn't have done the plant shelf with out my great friend Lisa! She is a decorating PRO!!!
I love the hook board transformation. It was cream and held rose wreaths. I painted it black, aged it with a little gold rub and found these awesome keys and keyhole at guess where? Yep Hobby Lobby!
I loved the gold drapes already hanging in my room but I made a new valance. I loved my old one. It was shaped just like this, but it needed a new look. So give me some fabric & beads and you get a whole new look! I am proud to say I whipped this valance out in a couple hours. Leonard and I hung it up before we went to bed. It was 1 am though! What a trooper i married! Lucky me :)
A little close up! ooh la la!
I found this lamp at HL and had to bling it up a bit by adding some beads. everything looks prettier with beads :)
Another view of the room. Loving the little red couch. Perfect for holding ALL the pillows at night ;)
The Mirror...this mirror has a story too. So if you noticed in the before pics i had a lovely gold mirror that hung over my old bed. well my plan was to move it here over the dresser. I thought it would dress up my country pine dresser and change the look of my room. Well one night, Leonard & I were going to hang the old gold mirror here. While we were measuring and figuring out where exactly this mirror should go, It fell to the floor and smashed into a million pieces. I was in shock! I was so sad and yes I did cry over my destroyed beauty. I did NOT want to find another mirror and PAY for it. I wanted THAT one. I sounded like a little kid crying over some silly balloon that popped or something. I am kind of embarrassed about what a baby I was. But I am over it and happy with the replacement. Many mirrors were bought and returned til i spotted this beauty and all for a great price! HOORAY~
I really LOVE this fancy frame I found at HL!
The plant shelf was really fun to make over, but like i said before I needed my friend Lisa to give me a helping hand. Together, we made it FABULOUS! don't you agree? also thanks to Hobby Lobby for selling such pretty things. I LOVE YOU HL...so does Blake, just ask him.
Love the clock and by the roses is the cutest little bird! Also I LOVE the couch picture!Z's Rock!
one last view of the finished product! Check out that picture frame on the cherry armiore.
Yes I made that, yes it was a challenge and no I won't teach a class how to make them. sorry for being so blunt, but it is true. I can tell you how but that is it, don't be offended :) They sell these fancy fabric frames at fancy home decor stores. I decided to copy it and i had some help. And I LOVE IT!!!! I also made one for my front room. I'll post those pics soon.
Here is the final touch for my VA VA VA VOOM, Bedroom Makeover. I love love love it! Thanks for taking the Transformation tour. Come stop by for the real thing. It is prettier in person :)
one last view of the finished product! Check out that picture frame on the cherry armiore.
Yes I made that, yes it was a challenge and no I won't teach a class how to make them. sorry for being so blunt, but it is true. I can tell you how but that is it, don't be offended :) They sell these fancy fabric frames at fancy home decor stores. I decided to copy it and i had some help. And I LOVE IT!!!! I also made one for my front room. I'll post those pics soon.
Here is the final touch for my VA VA VA VOOM, Bedroom Makeover. I love love love it! Thanks for taking the Transformation tour. Come stop by for the real thing. It is prettier in person :)Onto the next project...Finishing the girls pink & brown room :)


10 comments:
Wow - awesome tour and awesome make over!!! I almost feel like I have been there! Can't wait to see it in person and try out your new bed - sometimes it pays that John is so miserable - and you always let us have your awesome room.
Looks great! You have got to be Hobby Lobby's customer of the year. :) Funny how you can go in there a million times and not see the same things twice.
I love your new bed, it is beautiful. Actually I love the whole transformation, every room in my house has black and red in it though so how could I not love it.
Great job, thanks for sharing!
Wow!! Amazing I love the new room.. I bet you feel like a princess in a beautiful room like that. I wish I could decorate like that? My mind goes blank when i try to put things together. thanks for sharing.
I'd be embarassed to show my decorating skills after seeing your talent. The room is elegant, and I can't believe how many projects went into it! The bed is awesome, and I think I'm in love with the antique keys!
Ok....I am super covetous of your headboard!!! I ABSOLUTLY Love it! Well worth the wait...I love the new valance and all the decorations too...you really do love hobby lobby! I need to come and see it in real life....and I'm so glad you didn't have to repaint aren't you?
Oooh La La...love it!
WOW!!!!!!!!! ahhhhmazing!!! You are so talented my dear and I love your headboard!!
Your hard work truly paid off! Your room is absolutely gorgeous and I am drooling over your bed!!! I am a big fan of black...nice touch!
I love your decorated frames. I have done a few and they look so different -- classy. I love Hobby Lobby, too and I am so glad it is not next door to me, well maybe it would be ok !!!
Be back to finish reading your blog.
Connie
Post a Comment