This Post is dedicated to my friend Monica. She left me this comment a couple posts ago... "I remember you telling me something to the effect that the master bedroom was the first place you decorated or always keep nice so it is a retreat!! I love that idea....I am in the process of getting ours that way and am I trying to keep things like toys, laundry piles and laundry baskets out of it!! I would love to see a pic of your retreat!!I think it is such a good idea to have one room that is always orderly and place to relax and escape the chaos that follows little kids and their messes!! Once again, thank you for your organizational inspiration!!" Thanks Monica! Okay, it is true I have strong feelings about making your bedroom a beautiful, clean and peaceful place. A room where all the junk stays free from and it is kept organized and NO Laundry, toys or anything that does not belong there. I believe that if you make your room a retreat you will be a Happier person. You will rest better from all the stresses of the world if you make your personal space a retreat. A place you want to go and RELAX! I love our room. I think the first step in creating a personal retreat is to make your bed every morning. I know it might sound silly. But I am telling you a made bed is the start to beautifying and organizing your space. plus it is always so nice to crawl into a nice crisp made bed every night. You will sleep better trust me :)
This is the view you see as you enter Our Retreat! I Love all these Red walls. Leonard and I painted 3 coats per wall. We went thorough a LOT of paint. I decorated this over 6 years ago.
Another view! I love the Gold Swirly decor above the door :) I know it has a name.
Our Lounging Corner... well actually this little couch holds all the bed pillows. it is very handy!
Here is our fabulous queen size bed! I know, we'd like to upgrade to King Size. It is on the list. But I tell Leonard a bigger bed means room remodel and possibly a repaint. Leonard isn't excited about repainting over Deep Red. It can be done though. I think it is time. I am starting to look around :)
I made this hook board at an Enrichment activity years ago. it is a kitchen cupboard door with added hooks. I also traced the letters Love on these wood blocks with transfer paper and colored them in with a good ol sharpie marker. I also made these little wreaths from roses my Lenny has bought for me over the years too.
I love this picture of the Mesa temple (it was a wedding gift) and I also made this rose wreath. Years and years ago. It is kinda falling apart. The Roses are all from my Sweet Man! I love him! ;)
I Love this wedding picture of us! I like to refer to Our Retreat as the Honeymoon Suite! I think everyone should have a Wedding Picture displayed in their room to remind them of "hopefully" the Happiest Day of their life. It was for me ;) I am one lucky girl!So there you have it Our Retreat!
8 comments:
Thanks Loree!! I am inspired yet again by you!!! Tomorrow morning I will begin the clean-up of my room starting with making the bed!! What a good example you are to your children!! Russ and I joke that it will be hard to get our kids to clean their room with the terrible example we set....our room is usually the stash everything place!! Perhaps this will be the turning of a new leaf for me!! Your room is beautiful and does look relaxing...I can totally see why it is a retreat for you to go to and as a mother I know how we desperately need a place of our own to recharge our batteries so we cab take on the wonderfully fun yet challenging task of motherhood!!
By the way, everytime I organize something I think of you and your little organizing class you did at enrichment....I hear little Loree saying "everything has a home!"
I love seeing pictures inside everyones homes. I love the little "do hickey" above your door. My room has definetly been the last room instead of the first room that we finished. Instead of being a room "where the magic happens" it's a room "where the mess happens."
Beautiful! Your room looks so peaceful! I love your way of thinking! I loved what you said.."I like to refer to Our Retreat as the Honeymoon Suite! I think everyone should have a Wedding Picture displayed in their room to remind them of "hopefully" the Happiest Day of their life." What a great idea! My life is so crazy busy, I need a place of quietness to rhave sweet reminders of my happiest day, the day that made this crazy life possible! Love it!! That is officially my next projest! Stay close to the phone b/c I maybe needed your crative ideas!!
Hey you- love the room. Love the idea of having a retreat. No kids, no toys. . . how relaxing :) I almost always make my bed and keep clothes in the hamper but it's definetly not a retreat. Just a bed and a night stand. If we weren't moving I'd work on it. Maybe in our new house. . .
Well, I'll have to try to take a lesson from you. Your room looks so inviting! Mine is always the last on my list. I usually do the kitchen, dining room, living room, playroom, bathrooms, and kids' rooms in that order. By then I'm too tired to clean my own room and flop on the couch to fold laundry. lol So my room is usually the messiest in the house. Hmmm . . .
I totally agree with you, I just need my little space. It took me a while to get my room painted and decorated since it was all wallpaper when we moved in(there is a picture on my blog, my room is red too) but with a lot of work it's now beautiful. I always make my bed too since it's just completes the room. Now I just need to finish the sitting area, I want to build a window seat but haven't done it yet. How fun, I love looking at other people's houses.
I truly would love to turn my bedroom into a retreat. Maybe that would help me to start and end the day in a better and more relaxed mood. Thanks for the idea! Your room is beautiful by the way!
Post a Comment