My Lenny was gone to Virginia last week for Cisco Training and I was holding down the home front solo for a week. It was a LONG week, but I've had longer. I try to keep myself super busy to help the time go by faster. I make myself a pretty long to-do list and challenge myself to accomplish them all before Leonard gets home.
Here are the Top 3 on my To-Do List.
First on the List was to get my Blakey boy some new shoes. This 2.5 yr old boy is growing like a weed. He was wearing 7.5 size shoes a few months ago and he has been a really cranky bear when we put on the Sunday shoes and as soon as they are off, my sweet boy returns. I thought it was time for some new ones. Turns out he now wears a size 9. We tried on these new sandals and Blake loved them. He was running around the store like a mad man saying "shoes" over and over. Ok they are a keeper, I took them off to try on Sunday shoes and he would not have it. He hollered and rolled all over the floor. As soon as I put on the sandals the happy boy returned. So needless to say, this was our only purchase. And 1 week later, this is all he will wear. He wants to wear them the minute he wakes up til the second he goes to sleep. He even wore these fine sandals to church. oh well! Who cares! it doesn't matter what is on your feet as long as they are comfy!
Next Big Task on my list is to make at least 100 Handouts for my sweet Lenny. He is currently serving as the Ward Mission Leader in our ward and is organizing a 60 day missionary challenge for all the families in our ward. Every family will get a handout with a copy of our ward mission plan and materials to study as a family in the Preach My Gospel manual.
Our ward goal is To find, friendship, & invite people to come unto Christ.The 60 day challenge will be...
· 7 FHE’s using 1 principle from the Ward Mission Plan.
· Daily personal and family prayer for the Lord to prepare the hearts of your neighbors.
· Introduce yourself to 2 neighbors you don’t know.
· Perform a service for a non-member neighbor or invite them to an activity.
I am happy to put my scrapbooking skills to good work in this project. So far I have made 56 Ward Mission Plans and have more to go. Oh what Fun I will have :) p.s. each handout has a magnet on the back for easy storage for their new home...a.k.a. the Fridge! I will be checking yours when you get them people, you know who you are :)
The biggest project I decided to tackle was to re-organize my already organized scrapbook cabinet. (if you look back a few posts in aug. you'll see my scrapbook armoire before pics.) I have been wanting to give it a better functioning re-org and I think I got it this time, well until i accrue more stuff...which might be sooner than later ;) I took me 2.5 days in between all the mom stuff i had to do to get it just right. I got rid of outdated tools and stuff and moved them out of my cabinet and got more of my paper organized and my favorite... RIBBON :)
You can ooh and aah now ;)
Nice and Tidy and Functional! My Scrap Paper is even organized and color coded...I know I'm NUTS!!! But I have Time to kill remember, my Lenny is gone! look what happens when he is away!!!
Did I mention Ribbon is my FAVORITE???I've had my Lenny back home for a few days and Life is SOOO much better having him around! I miss him so much when he is away and we are all ready for Dad to come home! Overall, it was a good LONG week with much accomplished! Just the way I like it! More things checked off on my never ending To Do List :) Yahoo!!
9 comments:
It sounded like a busy week. How long have you been into scrap booking. You are really good at it. And you have a ton of stuff. It is always good to know who the cafty one it so you can get ideas from them :)
I have been scrapbooking and collecting for 10 years! crazy hu! it has been a journey and a fun one to! I have learned a LOT! I love to share ideas :)
Wowzers girl! You are amazing. I'm so excited to get my missionary plan. It will for sure be framed on my wall. It's to cute.
Holy Crap! That is one organized and never ending supply of scrapping! Lucky ward members get a plan decked in style!
I have heard many wonderful things about this scrapbook cabinet! Thanks for giving me a glimpse!
Busy girl! I hate having Brian out of town, it just sucks! Love the story of Blake's new shoes. My Autumn LOVES shoes! Whenever we'd go to the store, she wants to bypass the toys to look at shoes! She has been like that ever since she was really little! Never knew shoe addiction could start so early! Too funny!
The pics of the ribbon make me happy! I love color sorted ribbon spools for some reason....
The pics of the Mission Plan make sad because it makes me miss that ward so much!! It truly has the best of the best people in there! We miss you all!!
Funny that you're buying sandels in September. We're looking for snow boots :) Blake is so cute. . . we miss you guys!
Once again I am gone for a week in virginia :( Thanks again Loree for being such a sweety and taking care of our little fam while I am out!
Your help with the mission plan has gotten tons of compliments as we have been handing them out :) Hopefully they will go on the fridge and not get forgotten about :)
Thanks Lovy!
Post a Comment