Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kaitlyn's "ROCKIN" 11th Birthday

Last week, my oldest daughter turned 11! I can't believe it! It was a busy week filled with fun. I am finally now blogging about it. Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! I am a lucky mom to have you as my daughter. It was fun to spoil you!

November 3rd at 7:12am Kaitlyn officially turned 11. I remember it like it was yesterday. Becoming a mother for the first time. She was 4 days late and I was more than ready to hold this sweet baby girl in my arms. It was one of the happiest days of my life. It has been a joy having Kaitlyn in our lives these past 11 years!
*The nice mom that I am... did let her open just one present before school but the rest had to wait til dad got home from work. She was one patient girl. :) She was excited about the new cute BIG HOOP Earrings I got for her! She is growing up way too fast! We even braided her hair for the special occasion! Isn't she a doll?

It is FINALLY time to open presents!!! YIPPEE!!!


She got some good stuff! Lots of new earrings, a blow dryer, slippers, sunglasses, lip gloss, nail polish, a couple cute shirts & a shaving kit! lucky K! :)


But we saved the best for last of course.....


Her very own CAMERA!!!! She is sooo excited! She keeps stealing mine and filling up the memory card with silly pictures and videos she makes. Now she can have it all to herself. Plus I hope she develops a love for photography and making memories through pictures!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAITLYN!!!!
For dinner she chose to eat at Sweet Tomato's Salad Bar!!! YUM!!! We saved the cake and ice cream for her "ROCK ON" Birthday Party for Saturday :)

Saturday NOV. 7th from 9am-1:30 pm, we had a ROCKIN Good time at
Kaitlyn's "ROCK ON" Birthday Party.
I made this cake for my Kaitlyn. It is simple and Kaitlyn think it totally ROCKS!


I transformed the house from a Halloween house to a Rockin Birthday Party house! I am sooo happy to have my cute apothecary jars. They are going to be fun to fill and be creative with. This was my last minute decor for the party. I stayed up til midnight cutting out music notes and stars for the final touches.


The Party Crew!
These Gals and Blake are ready to GO VERTICAL at the Climbing Gym! When we say ROCK ON we mean it :)


The Red Mountain Multi. Gen. Center has a rock wall. Leonard & I took the girls to do some fun climbing! Kaitlyn thought that would be an AWESOME party idea and different too! CLIMB ON!

I was so proud of all the girls! They were so tough and it was a first time climbing experience for several of them! SWEET!!!! They did great~ they were old pros by the end of our time.


My little family!! Loving their adventurous spirits :)


~ Robyn, Kaitlyn, Stella, Chez, & Madeline ~ Fun Friends! being Silly :)


We had a climbing competition! We did timed races and who could climb the highest! Stella beat everyone that little monkey :) She is a natural!


Nothing makes Lenny happier then helping kiddos LOVE Climbing! He belayed all of them and I was the offical photographer :) I will get on the wall next time.


The ROCK climbing was a HUGE SUCCESS!!! They each ROCKED!!!
~Jessica, Chez, Kaitlyn, Madeline, Stella ~


We then came back to our house for PIZZA!!!! yum yum!


Kaitlyn's friend Robyn had to leave early! we were sad to see her go! I had to get a picture before she took off! Cute Girlies! She made Kaitlyn some cute hair clips! THANKS :)


After some 2 square, it was time for CAKE & ICE CREAM!!!! Make a wish Kaitlyn! :)


The Presents ROCKED too! Thanks friends :)


To end our "ROCK ON" Birthday Party, it was a MUST we play ROCK BAND!!! The girls were so excited! They have some serious skills too!
YOU ALL ROCK!!! One last Happy Birthday Wish you Miss Kaitlyn!
The party is over and I am POOPED! ;)

8 comments:

Granny Z. said...

What an awesome birthday party. Looks like lots of good fun, good presents and good friends. Happy birthday from pappy and granny, Kaitlyn!

Johnny and Anny said...

It's so awesome that Kaitlyn and I share the same birthday, I wish we lived closer and I'd take her out for a pedicure and a treat!! She's so beautiful...and I can't believe she's 11, next year she'll be in YW's!!

I'm loving the birthday party idea, who would have thought of going rock climbing! The decorations rocked, way to go Loree!

TL said...

I remember when you came to our apartment in SLC after you flew back from AZ when you were pregnant with Kaitlyn. I can't believe it's been 11 years, that's crazy! happy Birthday Kaitlyn! Looks like an awesome party, Loree you are so much fun!

April said...

Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn! Rock on! :)

Leah said...

What fun party! I love all the details and I think that it is so cool you went rock climbing! I am sure she won't forget it! Happy bday to your sweetie!

Rachel said...

looks like a fab party. I really can't believe she is 11, what!?!?!?! where does times go?

The McNeil Family said...

What a ROCKIN Party.. Looks like a fun time.Wow I can't believe she is 11, I rememebr I had her in my primary class and she was 7. She is a cute girl!!

Crissie said...

What a cutie pie! She's looking so grown up these days! Isn't it fun when they like getting all the grown up girl stuff for their b-days...clothes, earrings, etc. So much fun!