One of my first posts I wrote on my blog was our "how we met" story click here to read all about it and a few great early pics too!
Funny Thing....
Our parents told us not to plan a December wedding because it was too close to Christmas and we would never celebrate our anniversary like we would want and I will admit they were right. With all the hustle and bustle of getting ready for Christmas, we have not gone our anniversary cruise to Hawaii for 12 years in a row in December like we would love to do. But even though we don't go on BIG and EXTRAVAGANT get aways for our anniversary, I still feel it is a special time to reflect about the happiest day of my life. This year I wanted to go to the temple with my sweet Lenny and we did. It was so nice, so peaceful. We were able to do sealings and remember the promises and covenants we agreed keep when we were sealed for eternity 12 years ago. I was so happy! It was a lovely evening together!
So as I was reminiscing about our years together I found this poem written by one of my good friends from high school. She gave it to us for a wedding gift. I love it and it makes me laugh. I had it framed and it hung on our wall for years. I have it in a scrapbook now. I thought it would be fun to share it.
It was a Sunday at church
When Loree saw this guy;
"I just have to meet him,"
She thought with a sigh.
They were introduced and
They started to talk;
Loree knew she liked him!
She liked him a lot!
Leonard asked her to go fishing
And she said "Sure I guess;"
But inside she was screaming,
"YES YES YES YES!"
He was impressed with her braveness
When she hooked her own bait;
But Loree wasn't after fish
When she went on that date.
"Leonard is a much better catch"
Loree thought with a grin;
And Leonard didn't struggle
When she reeled him in.
The phone bills were high
And the miles were long;
But Loree knew that with Leonard
she couldn't go wrong.
She loved his hazel eyes
And his terrific smile;
She loved his spirit
And his awesome style.
At the Idaho Falls Temple
Leonard gave her a ring;
Loree was so happy
She wanted to sing!
Leonard told her he loved her
More than life;
And he wanted Loree
To be his eternal wife.
In the Arizona Temple
They were sealed together;
And be a family
That will last forever.
-by Ruth Quist
I love you Leonard and I have never been happier! Thanks for the wonderful years and I will be by your side for eternity! XOXOXO Love, Loree ;)
9 comments:
Happy Anniversary Loree and Leonard!
Aaah . . . you do have a great husband, Loree. And he has a GREAT wife! :) That poem brought tears to my eyes. So sweet. Happy Annieversary!!!
Happy Anniversary we did a December Wedding too.. Yeah it is true you are just so busy this month to celebrate it like you want to, but we are hoping that we can do a specail date night after the first of the year. Having a new baby has been hard to celebrate it too..
Happy Anniversary! I loved all the cute photos from your last post, too! :)
I love reading your blog Loree! You guys are soooo cute! You have inspired me so check out the new blog tandkcurtis.blogspot.com It's a little boring right now because it's a work in progress...but I thought I would join in on the fun!
Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 12 years! Loved the poem. . . how sweet.
What a cute poem! I love reading it. So glad you got a night out to the temple. You will have to go on your cruise in the summer when times aren't so busy!
Happy 12 year anniversary! Isn't it amazing how time flies?? I'm glad you had the chance to go to the temple. There's no better place than the temple to celebrate!
Wow, it's so amazing to here this story and all that you mean to each other! Those Zito's boys are definitely out of this world!!!
Post a Comment