As most of you know by now...I LOVE TO DECORATE! It brings me happiness and joy. May be weird to some but it is true! I love creating "works of art" (in my opinion) It is fun and challenging and I THRIVE for it! So Christmas time is gonna be fun! Let me take you on a Christmas Tour of my "Decked out Halls" :)
I made this country-cutesy snowman wreath 9 years ago and it has faithfully and joyfully hung on my front door welcoming Christmas Cheer for 9 straight years. I have loved this holiday wreath, but this year I was ready for some change. So I took cutesy apart and gave it a little...
VA VA VOOM! Red & Gold is my new "theme" for the next several years to come I've decided. I love the new make over for welcoming Christmas Cheer.
I added a bit more sparkles and glam to my garland swag this year too. I love it and it Screams...MERRY CHRISTMAS! At least to me :)
Time for the Tree. This was Last years tree. I loved it. Colored lights some berries and ribbon(my favorite :) the picture doesn't to it justice...and it had been "re-decorated" many times by the 6 little hands who live here. But looking back in years past this is the same tree I saw. This year I was ready for Change!!!
TA - DA!!!! 2008 Christmas tree and My VERY Own Pretty Tree. The 6 little hands who live here, have their own tree (scroll down for the proof :) This was the FUNNEST (I know it isn't a word) project of them all :) This year for my Tree Makeover, I added white lights instead of colored, Glittery ornaments balls different sized from walmart, Sparkly Poinsettias flowers, gold snowflakes, Gold glittery pics, berries, berries and more Ribbon of course. My tree skirt is a table cloth. "cheaper" and re-usable ;) I was singing Christmas tunes while creating this beauty. I just love it :)
Close up of my creative tree topper. I've had this star for years and added sparkly berries and gold twig picks for the top! I think it is pretty glamorous!
My Front Room center piece was fun to create too. I had this cake platter dish in my cupboard and filled it with cheap ornaments and added ribbon and berries. So festive :)
My Nativity Scene. I love this little nativity. It brings back special memories and will be displayed every Christmas at our home. Let me tell you the story. I bought the 4 "dolls" at a craft fair in Oregon when we live there 10 years ago. This craft fair was called "Every Husband's Nightmare Craft Bazaar" no joke! I had to go!!!! But my husband is a wonderful guy and encouraged me to get something I would love. This place was overfilled with cute things & I wanted them all! When I spotted these handmade Nativity "dolls" I just loved them. I debated about buying them. It didn't seem too expensive. Without really calculated what my total would be, I waited in the LONG line to buy these little cuties. When the cashier told me my total of close to $50 I almost fainted! I started to feel sick, but I handed over my debit card and what was done was done. I really was feeling sick. 50$ for THESE!!! We were on a tight budget, students and living paycheck to paycheck. Leonard was gonna be so mad I thought. I had so much guilt. The nativity pieces didn't even look that cute anymore. I tried to return them cuz of my buyers remorse. but I didn't notice the HUGE sign that read...Sorry NO REFUNDS. I went home to fess up to my impulsive purchase. You know what Leonard did?....He told me he loved them and to stop feeling guilty. I deserved to have these cute little nativity pieces. He wasn't angry or upset at all, in fact he said, is this all you got? go back and get more! Wow, I was relieved, but I still beat my self up pretty good for spending so much when we had so little. Leonard always has treated me with such kindness and love and he always encourages me and eases my guilt when I feel like I've gone overboard on things. So this nativity scene will always be displayed each Christmas time because it reminds me of the love my sweet honey has for me, reminds me of our humble beginnings, & I still think they are so cute & lastly cuz paid so much for it! I'm getting every penny's worth ;)
Close up of Mary, Joesph, & Baby Jesus. They are bean bag like little people! I'd say they are unique!
I LOVE this fat little shepherd, his sheep and the Star! He is what caught my eye 10 years ago!
I made this lovely Christmas Garland this year. I wrapped berry garland around the pine garland, wired on some ornaments and tied on cute sparkly bows. I also Upgraded our Stockings this year to match my color scheme. 50% off sales puts a big smile on my face :) & Leonard's!
I had to have a fun Kitchen table centerpiece and this is what I threw together :)
I made this snowman at a Super Saturday Enrichment while living in Oregon. It is still one of my favorite decorations :) Reminds me of the great times we had while living in that beautiful GREEN state :)
Lastly, our attempt at Christmas Lights for the front yard. Every year, I say we will put lights on the house and every year it gets pushed back to the "NEXT YEAR" to do list. But we did add the colored lights on the tree! OOH AHH! I Like it! I hope you enjoyed your Tour of the Zito's "Decked out Halls"! Stay tuned for more festive fun at the Zitos.

5 comments:
Everything looks great, girl! Looking at your decorating always gives me mixed feelings--I love the beauty and appreciate your talent, but at the same time I feel sadly inadequate about my own decorating skills. :)
Your tree turned out soooo adorable. You gave me some good ideas I might have to borrow. I STILL have not set up any decorations at all, but hopefully this weekend, I can find the time. All your stuff is so cute. Can I just print your pictures and display them all over my house and that can be my decorations?? I'll even print a lifesize one of your tree....hmm... I don't think the kids are young enough to fall for that one.!
You are so dang crafty!! I wish that I could create beautiful masterpieces like you! What great decorations.
Look'n good as always Loree!
Can you come decorate my house?? :) I love your story about the $50 Nativity. What a sweet husband you have!
Post a Comment