Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Antler's Lodge & Beartooth Mtns - Day 3 Road Trip

After a fun and rainy day at Yellowstone Park we spent the night in Cooke City, MT in a little cabin at Antler's Lodge. Our home for the night was Cabin #9.

The kids were all so excited! They were literally bouncing off the walls. It took WAY TOO LONG for everyone to calm down for bed. But we are on vacation right??? :)

A quick view of our cabin. It was cute and cozy. The smell of propane was quite strong. I think there was a leak somewhere. I think the stove. But I said a little prayer that we wouldn't be poisoned to death with noxious fumes through the night. Lucky for us we all survived. :)


Here are our crazy kiddos. They are all being crazy goofballs this night. Good thing they are all cute or else!


Me & my Lenny! Aaah too cute!


The Zito kids and Cabin #9. I told you it was a cute and cozy looking place.


Cooke City, MT is a beautiful little town. The mountains are HUGE and Rugged! I am sure the view is more amazing if it weren't for the cloudy day.


Here is a little tour of Cabin #9. And YES I am a big nerd. I am ok with that ;)


On our scenic drive to Billings, MT we traveled through the Beartooth Moutain Pass. The top of the pass we were at 11,000 feet of elevation and it was COLD!!! The air was pretty thin too.


We let Blake out of the car and he ran straight into the snow. It was fun for the first second and he quickly changed his mind! SNOW IS COLD!!! It was funny! He wanted to get into the warm car as fast as he could.

Here is some video of this beautiful country.


Mountains make my Lenny Happy! he is cute too :)
Leonard is my Montana Man!

It is crazy! It is JUNE & blazing Hot in AZ and right now we are freezing at 11,000 ft. in MONTANA!

Just can't get enough of this rugged landscape

What a beautiful place! Just Breathtaking :)


Here is one last look at the beautiful Beartooth Mountains. Check out how good our camera can zoom in! Pretty sweet!

Back in the car and on the road again! Next stop...Nate & Amber's House for the Zito Family Reunion.
Yee Haw!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man...where are all those great commenters :) Great job...I will be depressed missing Montana for another week or 2 now that I have re-lived Yellowstone and the Beartooths :)
Thanks alot!

Jessica said...

What a fun road trip you guys had. I love the cozy little cabin. That looks like tons of fun! I love all of your pictures and the scenery in Montana is beautiful. I'm slowly catching up on all of your posts. You have definitely been busy with your blogging. I love it!