Friday, July 10, 2009

a TOTE-al Surprise

You know how much I LOVE making scripture totes! Well I was at it again full force back in May. I was in a gifting mood. I made totes for our camp presidency. My YW presidency and then I thought how fun it would be to make one for my mother in law and each one of my sister's in law. I had TONS to make and so I better get sewing.

My table was covered in TOTE supplies for a couple days. :)

Here are the finished totes for my Zito family. It was fun picking out the "ingredients" for each tote. They look like they fit each of my sisters and mom's style.


Oh this is gonna be a FUN Surprise! I can't WAIT to give this gift to each one of them at the Zito Family Reunion. You don't know how bad I wanted to blog about this before now but I had to be patient and wait. I didn't want to spoil this TOTE-al Surprise. I love you ladies! Each one of you :)


Here I am after handing each Tote to my family and they were TOTE-aly Surprised! HOORAY!!! That was SEW much FUN!!!


Here are the happy ladies with their new and custom totes.
*from L-R: Laura Lee (granny), Merilee, Me, Anneke, Amber
bottom row: little Brenna, April & Jen
I really love each of these special ladies. I am lucky to be a part of their family :)

14 comments:

Heather said...

You are so crafty and talented Loree! I love them! Well done and what a thoughtful gift.

Anonymous said...

You are so talented...and thoughtful! I know the loved them!
Looks like you had tons of fun on your super long vacation! I am so glad!!! Well and a little jealous!

Rachel said...

such cute totes. Im sure they all loved them. Well it looks like u guys had a blast on your trip. sorry u had to come back to all this hot hot heat.

Blaylock said...

It looks like you've been having a great time! Great job on the totes. I wish I was one of your sisters-in-law (lol)!!

The McNeil Family said...

Those turned out so cute. They look like they loved them. I made one two weeks ago with your help thanks to your blog and Jessica. I was so excited to give it to my friends daughter for her baptism. I will have to post a picture. Thanks for your help.

Granny Z. said...

I love my tote - so cute - You picked just the right colors for each of us. I am getting lots of compliments at church, maybe we will make them at an enrichment meeting. Thank you again!

Johnny and Anny said...

That was the greatest surprise!! The day I got mine I switched my scriptures into my fabulous tote that night...I can't get over how cute they are. Thanks again for the sweetest gift ever, I would pay good money for one:)! Love ya, and sorry I've been so out of blogging, the summer is crazy!

April said...

Thanks Loree! I tote-ally LOVE it! :)

amberzito said...

I love it! It's the perfect fit and is so cute! Thank you so much for putting all the time and effort into our cute new totes!!

Jennifer Zito said...

Loree; thank you so much for my tote. I love, love it, love it! I have been neglecting blogging lately due to the fact that it is summer...and we spend a lot of time out doors. I have been doing a lot of land-scapping...need I say more. Maybe I should take some pics and show what I have done...it is crazy! Thanks again, you are too cool!

Tanaia said...

Hi there,
I came across your scripture tote bags and was wondering if you had a pattern or good give me an idea on how to make them??? Please email me at banksbt@gmail.com thanks so much for your help in making these cute bags!!!

SewsCute said...

Hi, I just googled scripture totes and here I am. Yours are very cute and I have tried it today, however, mine where much longer and so made a bigger tote so I was wondering if you are just taking in a larger seam allowance or cutting the place mate first.....could you let me know? You can contact me trough my blog or e-mail me if you have the time.
snugglebugg(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Thanks from Sewscute!

Hume said...

Would you be willing to share your pattern? I would love to make these for super saturday.

tickledpink said...

Would love to have instructions on how to make this? We would like to make them for our Super Saturday in October. Can you email me instructions? Thanks a bunch!
Rachael
rachael_cravens@comcast.net