After Grandma's house, we journeyed to Yellowstone National Park. It was a beautiful cold and rainy day! In fact we had to put on the winter coats. I think it was a chilly 48 degrees BRRRRR! For this trip I packed for winter weather and summer weather. Sheesh that makes for a lot of laundry.

Leonard and the kids. Our first stop on our little nature walk of bubbling pots of mud and stinky steam vents. Yellowstone is one cool place!

Checking out the Bacteria Mat. Sounds gross hu? It kinda was :)

Ooooh! Ahhhh! So pretty and smelly too :)

Me & the kids. I am loving this weather. I love it COLD!!! The rain is fun too :)

Oooh, Check out his bubbly mud pot! we even have a video of the kids checking out this mud pot.
SMELLIVISION ;)
Leonard and the kids. Our first stop on our little nature walk of bubbling pots of mud and stinky steam vents. Yellowstone is one cool place!
Checking out the Bacteria Mat. Sounds gross hu? It kinda was :)
Ooooh! Ahhhh! So pretty and smelly too :)
Me & the kids. I am loving this weather. I love it COLD!!! The rain is fun too :)

Oooh, Check out his bubbly mud pot! we even have a video of the kids checking out this mud pot.
SMELLIVISION ;)
Picture Break!
The exploring continues down this cool staircase.

That is One Big Hot Ferocious Steaming Bubbling Pot of stinky water!
"HOLY COW MOM"
The Zito kids know how to pose on demand! LOVE IT :) it is kinda sad but true and cute too. Anytime I have a camera out he shouts out "CHEESE" and instantly puts on a happy face unless he is feeling cranky and yells "no picture mom!"
We were excited to visit Old Faithful! The last time we witnessed this phenomenon, we were drenched by the geyser. Kaitlyn was a baby and a huge gust of wind happened to blow toward us when the geyser erupted and we were drenched with the stinky water. It was a pretty funny sight. 100's of people running and screaming as we were getting rained on. Luckily the water was cool when it landed on us :) anyhow, we are giving Old Faithful another try.
.jpg)
This is what Old Faithful looked like when we first arrived. I'm sure it is going to erupt any minute right???

Unfortanetly for us the anwser was NO!!! Old Faithful took FOREVER to errupt and Blake was not happy about it at all. As you can see from these pictures. He was very impatient and threw a few tantrums in the HOUR we waited. GRRRRRR!
.jpg)
We chanted and cheered on the old geyser. We sang it songs and pleaded with it to errupt just for us. Pretty Please with a cherry on top!
But to no avail! We just sat and watched it putter and spit. It faked us out many times. That little sneaky OLD "Faithful" Geyser. Sure you are "faithful". HA!!! You lie you stinky old geyser!

Buying buying more time!!! We were being silly and ate cheese crackers as we waited IMPATIENTLY. It had to be worth the wait right???

All these hundreds of people thought it would be worth all this waiting too. In our long wait time , the girls went to the info center to find out the prediction of the next eruption. Any minute now! are you feeling the suspense too?
.jpg)
HEY, HEY!!! Is this the real thing? could it really be? 8 minutes LATE??? Old Faithful isn't as faithful as it use to be. But...
Check out the video of the REAL THING in ACTION!
Pretty cool hu? it was so cold you can really only see the steam it makes. You could hear it and it was cool!
Pretty cool hu? it was so cold you can really only see the steam it makes. You could hear it and it was cool!

We saw lots of Buffalo in Yellowstone this summer. Up close and personal. Carly and I even saw a Mountain Lion stalking a buffalo. Kinda funny story. There was a bunch of cars stopped in the road for no reason we thought. Yes there are a LOT of Buffalo but we all saw lots of them already. What is the hold up? We were impatient and went around the line of cars and honked as we went by. Carly and I looked out the window and saw a mountain Lion running through some brushes on the tail of a buffalo. OOOPs! I get it. Looks like all these folks saw this scene and I think with our impatience we scared the whole attack. It was cool to see a REAL LIVE Mountain Lion though. We hurried on down the road to escape any angry tourists :) I feel kinda bad we ruined their National Geographic Moment.
Buffalo footage up close and personal
One last shot of the Beautiful Yellowstone Park! What a beautiful rainy day :) Now on the the next adventure!


.jpg)
4 comments:
Hey friend...what fun posts about your trip! What a great journal for your posterity!
Amazing.. YOu got up really close with that buffalo. Pretty neat post
HA-Ha I am cracking up about your National Geographic moment! You are hilarious. I love Yellowstone, the stink and all! It is an amazing place. You guys had way too much fun!
Oh, the memories! They will never forget that little cabin.
Post a Comment