This morning I started my day out in this... The Blood Mobile.

I got to donate blood for my first time this morning. It was an EXPERIENCE!!! Our stake has an annual Stake Humanitarian Day at our stake center. Families & Neighbors are invited to provide service for different charity groups. It is a fun way for families to help other in our community. In fact our stake is so organized we had many services to choose from such as tying quilts, coloring ABC books, making picture books, stuffing teddy bears, making peanut butter jelly sandwiches for a homeless shelter. Can Food Drive, & La Mesita Homeless Shelter donations drive. Card making for Newborns in Need and a Salvation Army project making cute festive holiday trinkets for dinner trays, it will bring a smile to the people who will eat there. And finally Blood Donations through United Blood Services. I volunteered and I was a bit nervous. It did take longer than I expected. So many people volunteered there was a line. I wasn't prepared with reading material... A MUST! The blood mobile is pretty cool. Literally. I was cold! There are 5 beds per bus and we had two buses. The donation itself is pretty quick. It is all the waiting to be screened and waiting for a bed, & waiting for the nurse lady to hook you up and un hook you and that took the longest for me today. I made sure not to look when the needle was inserted. I got many compliments on my great veins! WOW THANKS :) I did get a little light headed when I looked over to see the tubes coming out of my arm filled with my own blood. YIKES! I felt a bit weaker then and thought it would be best to look at the ceiling and BREATHE and flex my muscles since I was told it helps with circulation. I survived and will do it again. I feel happy I was able to help someone in need even though it was a bit scary and uncomfortable for me. I think I will be less worried the next time knowing what to expect. I have felt a little out of it which I am surprised I am still awake and Blogging! I would have taken pictures of today but we were so busy working I never got to my camera. It was a good day of Service :)
In the Evening, Our family headed over to the park in our neighborhood for our annual Fall Festival. This was our first time. It was fun seeing a bunch of neighbors hanging out. There was games for the kids and food & some fun bouncy play places like this one. Obviously not the greatest pics of my Blake & Carly...backside views. Blake loved the bouncy castle and we couldn't get him off. He bounced 5 turns in a row and refused to get off. The guy running the show let him stay on which was nice, but it showed what a stinker boy I have.
We really didn't stay long. Short and sweet! I didn't even take many pics we were really not here long :) This was the last happy picture of Blake before we had to drag him out of the bouncy castle and then the 2 year old tantrums kicked in for good. so Home sweet Home we went.
After dinner the Girls and I went to the good old Wally World to pick up the latest Indiana Jones flick. Leonard & the girls all watched it while I blogged (well Carly was asleep in the first 10 minutes, that's good). Perfect for everyone. Don't you just love Kaitlyn's Fun Face? she cracks me up :) What a great day :) Leonard picked up his birthday present today ( scroll down to the next post and see what it is) I went shopping at my favorite store...JCpenny's and bought a couple pairs of earrings. I've had my eye on them for a while and I just love them. It was a great day and now it is time for me to crawl up to bed and take Leonard's present out of his arms for the night :) you are dying to know hu?
2 comments:
Fun times! Don't you just love that we can come out of hibernation now that the weather has cooled off.
YAY for blood! I used to donate all the time in college...it is harder now that I am home all day. I'm glad you went to the festival....I wanted to go...maybe next year. And your Leonard...happy b-day to him! Looks like a good time....and yay for music in the house....you will love it!
Post a Comment