Let me tell you how much I love this gal!!! I have found my long lost best friend from high school through blogging. Wow, I know!!! Me and Jenny go way back to the good old days of Jr. High. We were pals then and became close buds as we worked in our school cafeteria together.(Clampy...remember clampy?) We were silly and dorky together and have shared many laughs over our years growing up. We have many fun inside jokes together and went on double dates, made crazy home videos been completely goofy,I had my first job with this fun lady at Ned's Krazy Subs ( here she almost cut off my thumb...remember that Jenny? i still have the scar! :) We went to church dances together ( remember the Fluffy Petticoat Skirt?) and went Javelina Hunting together :0 hee hee hee! We even went on our Senior Trip to CA by ourselves...oh yeah Scooby Doo & This is not our car :) sorry for all the inside stuff it's for Jenny....anyway to top it all off she was one of my Bridesmaids. I have always enjoyed having Jenny as my friend. Over the years and moving all around we lost contact. I found her through blogging and I am so happy. She is one of those LIFETIME friends, one of those friends you can pick up right where we left off 10 years ago about!
We planned to get our families together tonight for FHE and they wanted to take us geocaching. I have heard of it. But never experienced it. What a fun family activity! Geocaching is like a high tech treasure hunt using GPS devices. A big hide and seek game where if you follow the correct clues or coordinates it leads you to a "treasure" a tin box or "cache" filled with trinkets and stuff. Once you locate a box you take a trinket and leave a trinket. There is even a pad a paper where you can leave a message and record the day you found the treasure. It was really fun! Thanks Friends!There are almost 7 million active Geocaches hidden around the world. Awesome hu?
Here are all the kiddo's. The 3 red head girls are Jenny's Sweeties. L-R...Savanna, Ashlyn & my 3 & Autumn. Instants Friends :)
Our first Hunt was a Disney themed hunt. can you see the Mickey Tin under the rocks?
Carly spotted it first and got first dibs on the treasure. She chose this great space needle key chain! oh yeah! This tin was little not much inside. But still fun to find!
Blakey Boy is loving this wander around the desert thing. He sits down for a rest and gives me a new smile! too cute little man :)
Kaitlyn is having a blast meeting her new friend Ashlyn. They are both in the 4th Grade! Yahoo!
The girls are checking the GPS and figuring out which way to walk. The GPS device has an arrow pointing which way to walk and how many feet to the treasure box. Then is is usually hidden under rocks, or brush.
This Way Friends...you can see an inkling of Jenny's hubby Brian leading the way! Nice Guy!
FOUND IT!!! Now that is what I am talking about! BIG BOX :)
JACKPOT!!! Little Toys for everyone :) YEE- HAW!!
Kaitlyn & Carly loving their treasures!
And so is the Blakey Boy! Look a Robot & Truck...We replenished with more little toys, thanks to Jenny :) I just brought stickers, which is still good I was told. We all had a great time together and hiked our selves hungry. (well we walked a bit, but is was getting dark and we were hungry) so off to Peter Piper Pizza we went for Dinner and the Kids were going crazy. At least mine were! Blake yelling PIZZA! over and over again...it is his favorite :)
Kaitlyn & Ashlyn played a good game of air hockey and I got this cool shot. Check out Ahslyn's face and then see K's right hip. Where did Ashlyn's paddle go? flying across the table full speed ahead. it was funny! Kaitlyn told me she knew Ashlyn and Her would be good friends because Jenny & I are good friends. They really did Click! I would love it if these were best buds. Keep the tradition alive!! Loree & Jenny offspring pals down the line :)
Carly, my silly girl riding a ride. She loved playing with Savanna & Autumn. They ran around like little wild animals, giggling and being silly. it was fun to watch!
Blake loves Peter Piper Pizza too. But his wild animal instincts kicked it and wanted to help everyone with theirs games & rides, He tried to see what was is the bathrooms, kitchen, outside the front doors, visit other guest tables and talk to them about what they were eating. He even tried to swipe a few prizes from behind the prize counter. Crazy boy! I really had no idea all this was happening. Leonard chased Blake all around and let me and Jenny catch up and visit til we ran out of things to say. can you believe me run out of words? it does happen especially when I take notice of my crazy boy losing it! ( i sure love my sweet hubby!!! he is the best!) We packed up our things, and gave our hugs and said goodbye. Til the next fun adventure with the Gray's!
Here are all the kiddo's. The 3 red head girls are Jenny's Sweeties. L-R...Savanna, Ashlyn & my 3 & Autumn. Instants Friends :)
Our first Hunt was a Disney themed hunt. can you see the Mickey Tin under the rocks?
Carly spotted it first and got first dibs on the treasure. She chose this great space needle key chain! oh yeah! This tin was little not much inside. But still fun to find!
Blakey Boy is loving this wander around the desert thing. He sits down for a rest and gives me a new smile! too cute little man :)
Kaitlyn is having a blast meeting her new friend Ashlyn. They are both in the 4th Grade! Yahoo!
The girls are checking the GPS and figuring out which way to walk. The GPS device has an arrow pointing which way to walk and how many feet to the treasure box. Then is is usually hidden under rocks, or brush.
This Way Friends...you can see an inkling of Jenny's hubby Brian leading the way! Nice Guy!
FOUND IT!!! Now that is what I am talking about! BIG BOX :)
JACKPOT!!! Little Toys for everyone :) YEE- HAW!!
Kaitlyn & Carly loving their treasures!
And so is the Blakey Boy! Look a Robot & Truck...We replenished with more little toys, thanks to Jenny :) I just brought stickers, which is still good I was told. We all had a great time together and hiked our selves hungry. (well we walked a bit, but is was getting dark and we were hungry) so off to Peter Piper Pizza we went for Dinner and the Kids were going crazy. At least mine were! Blake yelling PIZZA! over and over again...it is his favorite :)
Kaitlyn & Ashlyn played a good game of air hockey and I got this cool shot. Check out Ahslyn's face and then see K's right hip. Where did Ashlyn's paddle go? flying across the table full speed ahead. it was funny! Kaitlyn told me she knew Ashlyn and Her would be good friends because Jenny & I are good friends. They really did Click! I would love it if these were best buds. Keep the tradition alive!! Loree & Jenny offspring pals down the line :)
Carly, my silly girl riding a ride. She loved playing with Savanna & Autumn. They ran around like little wild animals, giggling and being silly. it was fun to watch!
Blake loves Peter Piper Pizza too. But his wild animal instincts kicked it and wanted to help everyone with theirs games & rides, He tried to see what was is the bathrooms, kitchen, outside the front doors, visit other guest tables and talk to them about what they were eating. He even tried to swipe a few prizes from behind the prize counter. Crazy boy! I really had no idea all this was happening. Leonard chased Blake all around and let me and Jenny catch up and visit til we ran out of things to say. can you believe me run out of words? it does happen especially when I take notice of my crazy boy losing it! ( i sure love my sweet hubby!!! he is the best!) We packed up our things, and gave our hugs and said goodbye. Til the next fun adventure with the Gray's!Fun Memories! Jenny you are the Best! p.s. - Let's plan another Senior Trip! Relive our glory days but in a mature and 30 year old fashion ;) ya right :) girl I got your # and we will take Cali by storm again soon I am already making plans :)

9 comments:
I have never heard of geocoaching. It sounds fun I'm going to have to try it. Aaron just got a gps that he takes with him to the grocery store so that he can say "we have arrived at our destination" when we get there.
that looks like fun. my husband had to explain it to me since i have never heard of it before. i'll have to try it sometime.
I have some friends that do that a lot! It looks like so much fun. I guess that we will have to give it a try sometime!
That was really a FUN time, I am glad we did it! I think our kids were so cute together, mine are still talking about their "new best friends!" I promise if they become friends,I wont ground my kids as much as my mom grounded me! I love this post, definetly brought back so many memories...and to think we have so many more we havent even brought up! Some memories will hopefully go to the grave with us-will never forget "my dream" while spending the night:)-just glad it was you! Anyhow we have had tons of fun over the years and to think-many more years to come! oh and by the way...you took great pictures I will have to copy some for my blog!
So fun that you reconnected with your friend! I'd heard of geocaching but have never done it. My kids would love it!
Wow! How neat to find your friend over blogging. I'm finding out one of the great benefits of blogging is reconnecting with friends and family! Geocaching hu? What a fun thing to do. Looks like you had a lot of fun.
i just heard of people doing that geocaching thing last weekend and was like hmmmm.... that sounds fun!
HOW FUN!!! The geocaching sounds like a great time, but even better that you would get to do it with your friend and her family :)
That looks like so much fun, but I would be afraid of getting lost. I'm not good with gps.
Post a Comment